Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
hey guys . can anyone help me out please, ive been trying to install portraid hildon and everytime i had to reflash, in xterm i wrote root, dkpg -i /home/user/MyDocs/hildondesktop.........deb. the result in xterm says that i need to open some schema file or something like that, and my knoledge of linux in general is about a few commands and using some of the stuff you guys put out. so if you guys can help it would be much appreciated

i also forgot to mention that it goes into reboot loop when i try and reboot

Last edited by n900 lover; 2011-07-16 at 11:26.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i've seen this in the cssu thread but havent installed it yet. i'm usually one to dive straight in but with cssu stuff i usually leave for the update but this option seems too good to wait for. is it at a stage where it is useable?

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
i dont get my music player(nokia's default) and desktops in portrait mode.. images in portrait view is very bad.. but when i multitask i get the backdrop in portrait mode.. so u guys get the desktop itself in portrait mode??
Ditto with the images, full screen image viewing is a little skewed.

It appears as though when you are flicking through images in full screen mode, Rotate is turning the "image viewer" itself around 180degrees. So where you would have to swipe up to see the next picture, you are having to pull down.

When you tap on the screen to go back to window'd view or tap back again to the folder/thumbnail view, everything works great!

Thought I should add this, keep up the awesome work

WHAT!!!! we got a portrait hildon home screen? my phones being repaired

my hildon home screen only rotates when im multitasking or hanging up a call or if i unlock screen it starts in portait then changes to normal straight away ..

how do i find out when version of hildon home i have installed ..

can anyone help?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
some bugs but not very distrubing Love the new portrait mode
Attached Images

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
some bugs but not very distrubing Love the new portrait mode
hi could you possibly help me out? ive been trying to install the new HD but its seems to be putting my fone into reboot loop, could you tell me if possible how you installed it? i ran as root /home/user/MyDocs/hildon........deb and it didnt seem to work, but when i try to reboot and ends up in reboot loop.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
hi could you possibly help me out? ive been trying to install the new HD but its seems to be putting my fone into reboot loop, could you tell me if possible how you installed it? i ran as root /home/user/MyDocs/hildon........deb and it didnt seem to work, but when i try to reboot and ends up in reboot loop.
all I can halep is the plain instruction

- put the file under "Nokia N900" (the same is "MyDocs" in file manager) not in "Documents"
- launch "X Terminal", type "cd MyDocs", enter, "sudo gainroot", enter,
"dpkg -i hildon-desktop_2.2.142-13_​armel.deb", enter.

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
all I can halep is the plain instruction

- put the file under "Nokia N900" (the same is "MyDocs" in file manager) not in "Documents"
- launch "X Terminal", type "cd MyDocs", enter, "sudo gainroot", enter,
"dpkg -i hildon-desktop_2.2.142-13_​armel.deb", enter.
it say "must specify some schema files to install" any ideas?

Tags
lockscreen, maemo 5