Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
2nd, if CepiPerez lacks the means to replace his computer then he needs more urgently to build up some resilience.
Suppose he trying hard to do that, the last thing on his need list would be a new computer that makes him feel indebted and pressured to develop for Sailfish.
I am not sure about the financials in Argentina, but it might very well be that housing, food and basics are a tenth or less of what it is in EU/US, whereas imported tech like the Jolla or a PC costs the same as it costs in the EU/US. So even today, it is not uncommon for people to be completely safe and stable with the basics but far, far away from affording a smartphone or a PC. Let Cepi tell us what he wants, that is the only way of knowing what _his_ situation is!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There's a reason you won't find donation links in my signature or on my website/github.
Ahhh, know i got it.
I do not think like this.
If i "give away" money, it is to pay/honor things that have already been done.
No further obligations attached.
Else i make contracts or hire and obviously take responsebility in development process of a person or a project.
The world could be so easy...
Thx for the hint @marxian

Edit. Waaait a minute. Is this why Flattr and Patrone are not working? Creators don't use it because they feel pressured by the ones that actually only want to say thank you??

Last edited by mosen; 2016-01-12 at 18:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Dont now if its solved the transport. In 4 weeks a friend of my came from asia to Mexico (here) to travel day later to cordoba Argentina.
The problem will be. How the Jolla came to mexico.
I am looking for guys that travel next weeks from germany to mexico

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Donated as well! Good luck, cepi!

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Argentina
Guys,
I apparently live nearby I have sent a PM to CEPI offering my Jolla since I will try to get a nexus 5 and run SFOS on it. I cannot afford to donate the phone but I have offered to sell it at cost so it is not as hard to replace it will keep you folks posted.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to snowman74 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by snowman74 View Post
Guys,
I apparently live nearby I have sent a PM to CEPI offering my Jolla since I will try to get a nexus 5 and run SFOS on it. I cannot afford to donate the phone but I have offered to sell it at cost so it is not as hard to replace it will keep you folks posted.
Awesome!
That would be very nice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by snowman74 View Post
Guys,
da intanet strikes yet again
That is so cool to hear. No import tax waste, no long wait.
Please send a photo if you should meet!

Last edited by mosen; 2016-01-13 at 00:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla