Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
perhaps none really knows at this stage, but wondering whether the sailfishx license, if bought day n is valid until 11.10.2018 (with regards to updates etc), or if it will be valid until n+1year? having an xperia x performance, and wondering whether it's just plain stupid to buy sailfishx license now. if that license somehow later may be used for the xperia x performance (F8131). just thinking it would be nice to show support by buying the license right away, but of course not all that interested in simply throwing money away, if it means i would have to buy a new license later in case they officially start supporting the xperia x performance. or any other xperia model for that matter, like the F5122, xperia x compact, etc.
also assuming that the downloadable image for F5121 won't be bootable on the F8131.

Last edited by edgar2; 2017-10-11 at 16:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Do any tablet backers receive the question how their refund should be used and if it should be used for Sailfish X?
Yes, got it last week, check your spam folder, that's where mine was.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
md5sum
11CF4E541CBF78FF2E895D9FD4DC0432

yours the same?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm checking it regularly, nothing there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
i am disapointed too i dont have a credit card

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
perhaps none really knows at this stage, but wondering whether the sailfishx license, if bought day n is valid until 11.10.2018 (with regards to updates etc), or if it will be valid until n+1year? having an xperia x performance, and wondering whether it's just plain stupid to buy sailfishx license now. if that license somehow later may be used for the xperia x performance (F8131). just thinking it would be nice to show support by buying the license right away, but of course not all that interested in simply throwing money away, if it means i would have to buy a new license later in case they officially start supporting the xperia x performance. or any other xperia model for that matter, like the F5122, xperia x compact, etc.
We just can speculate about what James said once in the blog that is something that this "the license will be attached on your Jolla account, and you will be able to use in one device and the time (maybe in the future will be anothers devices available? And you will be able to use the licence you bought for that device?)"

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Do any tablet backers receive the question how their refund should be used and if it should be used for Sailfish X?
Had that a few days ago, on the 4th - I used part of the outstanding amount to pay for SailfishX in full Received a token code to use, but didn't need it today, when I logged in to my Jolla account I was taken straight to the download area.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Downloading now... So slow because using a free VPN Maybe someone could upload the official image? Or any image is unique for every account?

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
Suggestion for you: Opera web browser comes with a built-in free VPN service with servers in Germany and Netherlands. Those VPN servers are really fast and there is no data limit. Just install the latest Opera then go to Menu->Settings->Privacy and Security->Enable VPN. After that, click the little blue VPN logo in the address bar, turn the slider on and select Netherlands or Germany for your server. I'm amazed that Opera does this for free. Easy and fast. Mucha suerte!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to paulwk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
md5sum

yours the same?
Yep, same here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
md5sum

yours the same?