Posts: 16 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Boston, USA
Originally Posted by ktchiu View Post
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I'm looking at Tmobile's site and am interested in the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text and data which is $59.99/month.

BUT
Can't I just get the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text (no data) for $39.99/month and just add the unlimited web feature for $10/month which comes out to a total of $49.99/month?

Whats supposed to be the difference between the unlimited data plan and the unlimited web addon?
I have the same Even More Plus plan $29.99 + Unlimited Web $9.99.

There is no difference between Unlimited Data and Unlimited Web except the APN Name and how they route the traffic. I got my combo plan from the T-Mobile store. If you go to them with a dumb phone in hand then they will do that for you.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. I'm looking at Tmobile's site and am interested in the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text and data which is $59.99/month.

BUT
Can't I just get the Even More Plus plan w/ 500 min, unlimited text (no data) for $39.99/month and just add the unlimited web feature for $10/month which comes out to a total of $49.99/month?

Whats supposed to be the difference between the unlimited data plan and the unlimited web addon?
Yes, you can do that.
I'm using EM+ 500 min, no text plan, with $10 unlimited web

I'm not the difference between $10 web and $20 data plan, as far as I've heard there is no difference.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bronx, NY

BUT

Yes. That is exactly what I have. I also added unlimited text, but I have the option to eliminate it if I want.

the only difference is the amount you pay...exactly the same...

I am actually getting ready to pull the trigger on the n900 (two more weeks) and am considering two alternatives:
  • Data-only plan for $39.99/mo + SkypeOut + Unlimited Skype minutes
  • Even More Plus 500 for $29.99/mo. + $10/mo "unlimited web" plan
The former option is quite a road not taken, and it's real tempting to do it in the name of science. It looks like the $10/mo. plan does the trick, so to say. But, for those of you with this, can you all confirm that there really are no restrictions? Try using IM, getting mail via IMAP, SSH'ing into your server, and even Skype, and report back the results. I, and likely many others looking to make the jump, would highly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
Yes, you can do that.
I'm using EM+ 500 min, no text plan, with $10 unlimited web

I'm not the difference between $10 web and $20 data plan, as far as I've heard there is no difference.
...except for the fact that your data gets routed out of Kansas somewhere. Not good for time sensitive data streams (SIP/video/etc).

"Talk + Text + Web" plan will probably not work, and you may get prompted to "upgrade", vs. the tried and proven Talk plan w/web2go internet "service" add-on.

Is this $10 data plan 3g? thats cheap then, I have AT&T and there is a $15 plan but its 2G the 3G one is like $30 and of course not compatible with the N900.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Originally Posted by cyeung View Post
I am actually getting ready to pull the trigger on the n900 (two more weeks) and am considering two alternatives:
  • Data-only plan for $39.99/mo + SkypeOut + Unlimited Skype minutes
  • Even More Plus 500 for $29.99/mo. + $10/mo "unlimited web" plan
The former option is quite a road not taken, and it's real tempting to do it in the name of science. It looks like the $10/mo. plan does the trick, so to say. But, for those of you with this, can you all confirm that there really are no restrictions? Try using IM, getting mail via IMAP, SSH'ing into your server, and even Skype, and report back the results. I, and likely many others looking to make the jump, would highly appreciate it.
I'm doing exactly what you describe with the first option. I have unlimited data only. same plan they put on cell cards for laptops. IM with Google works fine, mail is working with imap, and Skype is the primary reason I went with this option instead of cell minutes. Works perfectly over 3G. I haven't tried SSH directly to phone over 3G, but I think thats not possible as I'm quite sure the IP your 3G connection is assigned isn't a publicly accessible address. Prolly natted behind a firewall.

I added the $5.99 unlimited Tzones plan more than half a year ago. It's awesome! Don't think you can get it at that price anymore, it was a secret promo that's probably over..

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Is this $10 data plan 3g? thats cheap then, I have AT&T and there is a $15 plan but its 2G the 3G one is like $30 and of course not compatible with the N900.

Is this 3g?