Active Topics

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
Hello,

since a few days i'm not able any more to search locations in maps and it looks like that map data is also not downloaded any more for places which i have not looked at in maps before.
Is there somebody else who encounters this problems and knows how to fix it??

I really would like to keep on using my N9 as my daily phone.

Thanks and cheers
Stefan

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Links seem to still work.
List of the maps with links: http://nokiamaps.ct8.pl/nokia_maps_v_00.02.54.223.html

EDIT: nokiamaps.prv.pl -> nokiamaps.ct8.pl

Last edited by mp107; 2019-12-27 at 19:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
I had this on both N900 also.
Tried to install other solutions, but the corresponding libs were missing.
What a pity but I had to leave N900.

Originally Posted by Shadowdog View Post
Hello,

since a few days i'm not able any more to search locations in maps and it looks like that map data is also not downloaded any more for places which i have not looked at in maps before.
Whilst not sure about "Search" just downloaded "Sweden" via "Manage Maps" without issue so servers, still functional in this respect.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Hi. I just upgraded my family from N9s to Sailfish X. Getting four phones up and running on top of everything else has kept me busy. As a result, I have not gotten the GPS/mapping situation on my phone installed and working. I have used my N9 without my SIM card as my automobile GPS and just yesterday I did an offline search and it worked as normal.

A couple of days prior, I had to do an online search, but I was still in my driveway and had WiFi connectivity, and it performed the search normally.

I know this doesn't help you resolve your problem, but it's at least a data point to give you hope that it's possible to continue using your N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to RasLikesN9 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the feedback.
The online search is working for "Drive", but not for "Maps", there is also version number 0.0.0.0 for maps data in the "About" screen of "Maps".

I deleted all the offline maps from the phone and now it doesn't show any map at all. If i download a map i have all zoom levels one for places i have been before, not for new places.

Nokia Maps should read Version 5.2.55 and Map Data 0.2.54.223 and Drive v2.08+0m8 limos-qml v0.45+0m7

Is this an historical N9 with original activation by Nokia account or reset one with subsequently modified drive.ini?

Have you also modified maps.conf as here?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...29&postcount=7

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2017-12-10 at 19:37. Reason: Addition

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Probably the same here. Online search in Nokia Maps doesn't work anymore, on the other hand offline search in Nokia Maps and search in Nokia Drive (even with online setting on) does. Workaround in Nokia Maps is to switch off "Online" in Nokia Maps settings before search.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:
@aspergerguy
Yes, I have already modified the .conf files for Maps and Drive.

@MMC
I can confirm these workarounds, they also working for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowdog For This Useful Post:
Did notice that ability to download a new voice within Drive now seems to have disappeared fairly recently.