Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Brittany was one of the victims of the sea level rise on the icon. B(
The danish people are probably also hit by climate change or better to say by my inaccuracy .

Anyway it's just an icon, have a look at the browser icon. It's also quite inaccurate, but at that size you just don't recognize it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Ok just a preview.
@rinigus how dark should the "white" be? I've darkened it a bit, but I'm not sure that's enough.
Will test it soon enough . Working on reorganization of the repo and when that's ready, we'll be able to check it on devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
The danish people are probably also hit by climate change or better to say by my inaccuracy .

Anyway it's just an icon, have a look at the browser icon. It's also quite inaccurate, but at that size you just don't recognize it.
Oh that was not a negative remark, I like that it's simplified. No worries. And I'm not denying sea level rise!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
I do not understand why doing a hole en the center of Icon? without hole it still refer mapbox or whogo maps Icon. I vote for Hugo Maps to refer whogo Maps fork. IMHO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
I do not understand why doing a hole en the center of Icon? without hole it still refer mapbox or whogo maps Icon. I vote for Hugo Maps to refer whogo Maps fork. IMHO.
I have settled with "Pure Maps" and just finished corresponding changes in the repo. So, name is fixed now.

As for icon, we'll surely try first the last version proposed by Fellfrosch. To me, it looks less generic taking into account SFOS landscape.

I would like to thank you and everyone else participating in this thread! With your help we managed to get a new name and icon (in my mind very good) just in a bit more than 24h. Now I can proceed with coding and preparing for publishing together with Fellfrosch.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Fellfrosch: I opened an issue regarding the icons at github and referred to you in it and we are ready to merge the icons into the code. The issue should create a message for you in Github, if all works as it should

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Message was created and I uploaded the icons. Please take notice of the comment I left there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I have settled with "Pure Maps"
Very good decision. Sounds clean and fits perfect.
@Fellfrosch, if you run into any problems vectorizing your mock-up, let me know via pm. I am back from vacation now. Good and quick job, nice.
If you think you are already finished, it is always a good idea to run inkscape generated svg through this cool tool (https://www.svgminify.com/) and shrink the size to around ~1/5 or 1/10 of the size, stripping it from unecessary code

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
@mosen: Thanks for offering your help. At the moment we have decided, that a bitmap file is enough. I have also uploaded the xcf-file on github. So if needed at some time we can always make a vector graphic from that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: