will it make something apart from my kindle charger work with the usb port?

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
gona try it on my spare n900. so i can't have any problems. let you guys know the out come...

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by onion View Post
Nice to know about what might be coming, thanks for testing. I prefer to wait for the real thing.
I just wish maemo updates would be more like normal linux distros, with updates coming from time to time and not as big drops like this.
I think phones are treated more like appliances that have to work. I think casual users don't want to see a blinking icon every couple of days saying there is an update for their phone. It makes it appear "not done". There is a reason Apple only releases updates yearly - It's all about perception.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Hope that isn't the list, all the problems with the N900, having a red light on the face camera wasn't up there of the ones to fix. Or am I the only one thinking that. Do people really need a little red blinking light to tell them it's working?

Hope it isn't the final build, the only thing I see is the media player isn't stuttering under heavy load. Hope that includes no stuttering under normal 'not running anything else' mode???? Here's hoping.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

does nokia has improved applications manager's speed?
can we make a search on the N900 with the keyboard without open an application (like spotlight)?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chicago
I tried it, first thing you will notice, its a lot smoother, faster There is an updated version of shockwave flash plugin 9.0 r277 in PR1.2 its 9.0 r260. More features is added to Maemo Browser like plugin installation tab, maps now have more options with new nokia messagebus plugin. Updated repositories, I find it a lot more responsive or maybe its placebo effect I also find Application Manager a little faster But it is clearly not finished

The Following User Says Thank You to paulemm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chicago
Also I find sound to be much louder, After playing with it for an hour I reflashed my phone back to PR1.2. Defenitely worth waiting for an official final version. Or and I also tried the latest meego build a lot more aprovement there too, Fennec browser finally works very slow though. Hopefully when we are able to install on the fast eMMC storage it will run a lot faster

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Download Faster application manager! It works very fast and you can install and remove many software at ones! Then you never use that old one

Last edited by Makeclick; 2010-10-20 at 18:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
I think phones are treated more like appliances that have to work. I think casual users don't want to see a blinking icon every couple of days saying there is an update for their phone. It makes it appear "not done". There is a reason Apple only releases updates yearly - It's all about perception.
Maybe youre right... but maemo isnt finished! and everyone knows that. so a monthly small update wouldnt be so bad if you ask me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
one of m frn is in nokia, just tlkd to him, he said PR 1.3 ll b out soon... may b the end of week.... cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:

Tags
chuck norris, firmware, pr1.3