Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Modern smart phones are great but they drain power like crazy. I have 7 chargers around the home, garage, car and office.

I also bought a spare battery and charger/holder for my N900 too. Because the battery is thin I always keep the spare in my pocket, which after a month was still 90% full when I had to use it.

It seems like good cost-effective solution. And I think it really winds up iPhone owners
...and that's the best reason of them all!

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Mugen offers two kinds of n900's batteries : 1320 mAh and 2400 mAh
i don't know about Mugen's 1320 mAh and i don't know how long does it live, but the 2400 mAh sure lives longer but its big and it comes with a new n900 back cover..a really ugly one and makes n900 even bigger.

- edit : i thought NokTokDaddy was first post and that he was quoting from another site

Last edited by AgogData; 2011-01-12 at 15:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
hey what's up ya all...
it is really nice to see you all debatng on my question....
shows how many people admire and appericiate the N900

You guys must be thinking where in the hell is that guy who asked the question....

okey sooo...
Dude spare battery is out of the question... some how i did that and now i lost my backup cell that keeps track of time if u take out battery so not a good idea changing battery again and again...
secondly your girl friend or a very important incomming call is comming and the battery is about to die... at that time will you take out that battery and put the spare in, your girlfriend would say A** H**E turned his cell of..... WOOOOO bad idea....
thirdly every day inthe morning do you think you will be able to remember to charge your spare battery and keep it with u....
you search your pockets and think shittttt man forgot it on the table....
foruthly eventually u till break you back cover say many u have noticed it has those small plastic clips....

So keeping a spare battery is seriously out of the question......

Ya Mdziaf dude thanks for the update i will surely wait for your responde after when u will get the battery....

about the mugen battery the back is great and all and i think the new cover has a lens cover too but i usually watch videos on my n900 and i use the stand alot.... sooo that is still missing....

then about the extra power pack. well if you are at some one's place will u take out wire from one pocket and put in other pocket telling people i am charging my cell phone :-D sooo to be honest it is very confeusing....

So what do you guys say....
i know many u guys will curse me..... :-D
but what can i say....

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
So, all you want is a solution that can't go wrong and has no disadvantages? What if you forget to take your N900 with you?

You are making up stories to help you reject the spare battery solution. It costs about $20 to try it out and be able to say "I tried it for two weeks and it just didn't work for me."

Well, it would sure be nice if phones supported hot swapping batteries. There could be an internal R/C type battery, very small but powerful, able to run the phone for say 5 minutes (diminishing to 2-3 minutes as the battery gets older). The main battery would keep the small battery charged, so the small battery could power the phone long enough for you to hot swap the main battery. You should also be able to keep the phone running on USB or other external power while the main battery is removed, so you can hot swap.

The Following User Says Thank You to phr For This Useful Post:
Just a quick update on the battery..

I received it a few days ago, but after a few charges, I found that the battery I received is not working properly.. My phone would suddenly die for no reason. Changing back to the original battery fixed this issue..I gave Mugen a call about the problem and immediately they said that the would send me a replacement.

At the moment I'm waiting for the replacement to come..I'll update you again once I've gotten the replacement.

I am quite disappointed that the battery I got had issues with it, but at least their customer service was very helpful.

with regards to the back cover, the one I got did not come with a lens cover and a kickstand.

even without the lens cover, I felt confident enough to put my phone in my pocket with a few loose change. The back cover is huge, such that the lens is well inside the cover.

however, i did miss not having the kickstand..although the back cover is big, its not big enough to make the N900 stand on its own. and even if you did manage to make it stand, it would stand perpendicular to the surface you put it on i.e. not a comfortable viewing angle..

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Personally, I have an Energizer Energi To Go 18000mAh external battery. The value of this is that I can charge my laptop, n900, pocket Wi-Fi hotspot, iPod & DS3 controller all with the one piece of equipment. That said though, I have a pretty decent-sized backpack to cart it all around in.

There's pros and cons to either argument, but if you're at all concerned about portability, I'd probably go with the Mugen option. It means that if need be, you can just slip it in your pocket and head out. Plus it has the added bonus of solving the issues people have had with the blue line on the shutter & picture quality. You may want to read some reviews of it, but if I remember correctly due to the added bulk it's actually more than capable of standing up without a kickstand.

EDIT: Guess I'm wrong about the last part!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mdziaf View Post
with regards to the back cover, the one I got did not come with a lens cover and a kickstand.

even without the lens cover, I felt confident enough to put my phone in my pocket with a few loose change. The back cover is huge, such that the lens is well inside the cover.

however, i did miss not having the kickstand..although the back cover is big, its not big enough to make the N900 stand on its own. and even if you did manage to make it stand, it would stand perpendicular to the surface you put it on i.e. not a comfortable viewing angle..
Confirm, the big Mugen doesn't have a lens cover or kickstand.

As a result of this thread, I started using my big Mugen battery again -- pretty cool. The main disadvantage, to me, is that when even it runs out you have to swap back covers and the battery to keep going, unless you have two big Mugen batteries. Of course, this isn't a problem often because of how long the big Mugen lasts.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The main disadvantage, to me, is that when even it runs out you have to swap back covers and the battery to keep going, unless you have two big Mugen batteries. Of course, this isn't a problem often because of how long the big Mugen lasts.
Or you can keep an unused condom under the Mugen cover so the smaller battery does not pop out.