i am an impatient person. so i carry 2 spare batteries with me. when the current one being used runs down, i just pop a freshly charged one in and voila, full power.

why waste time having to wait for the phone to fully charge via some external power pack?

when i get home, the flat batteries get charged via an external charger while the n900 plugs into a wall charger. this is also convenient when you have a half charged n900 and need to leve home quickly. you have peace of mind knowing you have 2 freshly charged batteries in your pocket.

depending on how heavy your usage is, 2, 1, or maybe even 3 spare batteries might be what you need to see you through a whole days' use.

what wall charger are you using?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
In my experience, any cheapo Hong Kong charger works great, costs little.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In my experience, any cheapo Hong Kong charger works great, costs little.
yup, any cheap unit from China or Hong Kong works fine.

i bought one from eastmaze.com. do a search for "N900 charger " on eastmaze and you will see it. it also comes with a USB output.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I haven't had a problem like that with Mugen batteries OR with the cheapest batteries I have bought straight from Hong Kong, and I've been buying them for Nokia tablets for several years.
cool thats good to know..maybe my case was a one in a million event.

Wait !!!!
I ordered a Mugen Power MR battery from Amazon for $88. But then I lost my N900 arggg (phone, SDMicro, Mugen battery, ...it really sucked) . I ordered another N900. This time i ordered Mugen battery from a link from Nokia forum Mugen-Powered-batteries
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com .... I saw so many reviews, so i didnt think twice, but quickly ordered my phone. However the package seemed odd, it came from China. Inside is a note, "You must charge the phone 4-5x for 12 hrs even if the phone appears to be fully charged" .... what a nightmare, what am is supposed to use meantime while my phone is sitting at home for 1 week. Anyway, I finally charged the battery.
1. The Appz are glitchy
2. When I slide open the keypad, the phone turns off.
3. The camera and camcorder no longer works.
I contacted the customer service. They are fast to respond, and immediately issued RMA to return. Before I mailed mine back a new one arrived. However, 1 week of charging later, and I have the exact same issues.

I just checked facebook and this site has a page there. So Im baffled if this company is authentic or what.

When I had the first battery from amazon, the battery was OUTSTANDING. Its lasted standby for 3-4 days, or 2 days with lieting to music randomly or playing a movie.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
Here's acouple i actually used:

http://www.digitalpowerpro.com/catal...rde-p-324.html

Most expensive one but works everytime and doesnt feel cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Mobi.../dp/B001AHU6QU

This one worked for me for about two weeks then the indicator light wouldnt come on so i didnt know if it was charging or done.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6F7D28RPCZTHR7

This one has a cool little LCD display but feels cheap and had it only for acouple days so far it works no problem.

The stuff about first charging is ********.

Phone switching off when you open slider is probably due to the battery terminals' contacts on the battery being too wide apart. There are 3 terminals with 2 pins each. These grip 3 blade shaped terminals on n900.

I am thinking of muging it for my bday, which site should I order from?

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I am thinking of muging it for my bday, which site should I order from?
Mugen Power Nokia N900 2400mAh Extended Replacement Battery with Battery door
[HLI-N900XL]

Last edited by zimon; 2011-01-25 at 23:04.