Notices

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I will try my best, my finnish isn't really good.
I upload a translation for most of the countries (using auto translate script that uses wikipedia) it should be less pain for you to translate.

@wikiwide: where do you live, and do publictransportation support your city ? Since you are thanking all the posts in this thread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
@wikiwide: where do you live, and do publictransportation support your city ? Since you are thanking all the posts in this thread
Quick reply...
Thank you for the kind offer. My city was already mentioned in this thread; however, it is not supported by publictransportation yet. The app is more of a curiosity for me now, like qMetro; I don't frequently use public transport.
Best wishes.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Sfiet_Konstantin hello, I live in normandy (France), and there is a site called Twisto.

web version: www.twisto.fr/

mobile version: http://www.twisto.mobi/

If you can do something that would be niiiiice, otherwise it doesn't matter, you do a lot for the community and I say thank you dude...keep moving forward !!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Iryus View Post
Sfiet_Konstantin hello, I live in normandy (France), and there is a site called Twisto.

web version: www.twisto.fr/

mobile version: http://www.twisto.mobi/

If you can do something that would be niiiiice, otherwise it doesn't matter, you do a lot for the community and I say thank you dude...keep moving forward !!!

I will support it indeed, however I need to perform some updates to my previous plugins …

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Tell me more about that. It seems really interesting, however, it needs subscription to learn more ...

Basically, my implementation provides basic DBus / C++ API, that can interface with virtually anything, so support of nearly all protocols / websites should be alright.
Well, all the needed information is publicly available. That project proposes a WFS interface and a unified data model to let third parties access local information about public transportation, traffic, parking and more.

That is, if you support the so called CAI (Commonly Agreed Interface), then your application will be able to easily support all of the cities where that CAI is deployed.

The In-Time project is over, but there is a follow up project called Cooperative Cities (http://www.co-cities.eu/) where that CAI is being deployed in more European cities: Bilbao, Reading, Munich, Florence, Vienna and more.

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Any possibility of adding Riyadh, KSA?

Just a 'normal' guy who Loves N9
Twittter: https://twitter.com/MunimZahid
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModestAtTheTop

The Following User Says Thank You to MeeNu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sfiet_Konstantin,

I understand you may not be interested in adding anymore back-ends for the time-being.

However, when you do plan to add can you add Singapore as its now available from Google's Public Transit API.

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I restarted to work a bit on publictransportation (despite having work for school + SLUSH to cover).

I mostly updated documentation and commited back to the gitorious, and am reparing "broken" backends (they are not really broken but well, non functional either).

I have disabled 2 of them but will reenable them soon when they will be ready.

Now, polish the list of station in a journey and move on to routing abilities.

EDIT: btw, the dev of gotovienna replied positively and said that he will be happy to do a port to publictransportation

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2012-11-17 at 16:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
The goal of publictransportation is not to be yet another public transport app that will stack in your application folders. It tries to replace most (or all) of them, by providing an unified opensource lib and GUI for all the transportation systems.
[...]
PS: non devs can obviously ask for their city to be supported, but it might take a bit of time.
First: Thanks for the effort put into this. A unified app makes a lot of sense. I'd like to make a proposal for future development:

Currently PT needs an internet connection. This is of course very useful because the information is up to date an can even be live. However it also means one has to implement each and every service separately, which slows down adding more services tremendously. Also it creates roaming cost if you are abroad, which is most annoying because it's exactly abroad where such an app ist the most helpful and most needed. So wouldn't it be nice if we could solve both problems with a single stroke?

Some may know the app I'm going to point to: Metro (http://metro.nanika.net/Metro/index-en.html)
I've been using Metro on Symbian for years and was very satisfied with the results. Thanks to an active community there are a lot of cities covered and the date is very up to date.

So how about adding a "Metro-Plugin" for PT? It would not only add an offline capability but also drastically enlarge available services by instantly adding over 400 (!) cities. There even is a Maemo port for the N900 and a Symbian (QT) port, so bringing the necessary code to the N9 should be relatively easy.

Thanks to any developer for considering this!

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post: