Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
#121
Battery consumption great!
Yesterday before went to bed it was 11% and I left jolla without charging over night because I want to empty battery to 0.
In the morning still 9% !!!
WOW
(only 2g, Wlan on)
 

The Following User Says Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
richardski's Avatar
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
#122
I can also confirm that once NFC has been turned off overnight discharge rate has dropped from approx. 20% to approx. 2% .

Well worth doing as it prevents unnecessary accidental deep discharge of the battery and so will considerably extend its serviceable life. Lithium cells have a short life if contiguously subjected to deep discharge. Try not to discharge below 70% of capacity.

Richard
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
#123
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
I can also confirm that once NFC has been turned off overnight discharge rate has dropped from approx. 20% to approx. 2% .

Well worth doing as it prevents unnecessary accidental deep discharge of the battery and so will considerably extend its serviceable life. Lithium cells have a short life if contiguously subjected to deep discharge. Try not to discharge below 70% of capacity.

Richard
How can you turn off NFC? This means no need to mask tohd service?
 
richardski's Avatar
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
#124
Sorry I meant stop the service - "mask" to prevent restart on reboot then stop it.

Check running status before and after with:

ps aux|grep tohd

The below commands issed as root worked for me:

systemctl mask tohd.service
systemctl stop tohd.service

Restart it with:

systemctl unmask tohd.service
systemctl start tohd.service


Info and picture here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2013/...nsumption.html

More here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...tery-life.html

Richard
 

The Following User Says Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
#125
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
Sorry I meant stop the service - "mask" to prevent restart on reboot then stop it.

Check running status before and after with:

ps aux|grep tohd

The below commands issed as root worked for me:

systemctl mask tohd.service
systemctl stop tohd.service

Restart it with:

systemctl unmask tohd.service
systemctl start tohd.service


Info and picture here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2013/...nsumption.html

More here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...tery-life.html

Richard
OK that was what I thought
 

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
richardski's Avatar
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
#126
After 48Hrs light use battery at 80% so a definite improvement.

Once I get a spare OTH I can cut a slot in it and use a jumper cable to take the battery outside the case where meaningful current and voltage readings can be obtained and logged over time
Richard
 
Posts: 771 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#127
anyone reported battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running and disabled tohd service ?
__________________
5800XMN8808N9
 
Posts: 287 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
#128
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
anyone reported battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running and disabled tohd service ?
I was the one reporting battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running a couple of days ago, but I already disabled tohd.service long, long before that. In fact, I also tried to re-disable it before reporting (that's the first cause for the battery drain I thought of), and it didn't work, so I supposed it could be a regression in the latest version of Mitakuuluu (a thing that coderus excluded with stinging sarcasm, so I deleted my hypotesis and subsequent irritated answer when my mind colded down ).
But I'm still experiencing an occasional, strange, erratic, difficult to reproduce battery drain I can't still find the cause of, because usually rebooting fixes it.
For example, today I had my usual setup running (Mitakuuluu, mail app and settings app running, nothing else open, wifi and 3g enabled) and started to notice my battery going down rapidly (from 100% to 93% in less than 2 hours spent mostly with the phone just in standby, that's very fast for my usage experience).
I rebooted the phone, and consumption got back to normal.
The first time I had ~50% of battery drain overnight, while usually it is less than 10% (always with the same set of apps running and the same internet settings), and a reboot also fixed it. Still don't understand what triggers it though (I'm done with hypotesis and bug reporting, I'll just wait the eventual fix).

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2014-01-24 at 16:03.
 
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
#129
@Watchmaker

The quick battery drain may be related to aliendalvik service if you have android compatibilty installed.

Type the folowing command in terminal to stop it:

systemctl stop aliendalvik.service

To restart it, just load an android app.

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2014-01-24 at 16:13.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Jordi's Avatar
Posts: 373 | Thanked: 582 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
#130
I did not experience such a drain with any build of Mitakuuluu. In fact, with or without this app, the idle battery consumption is very low : about 2 - 4 percentage points during the night.

I would say it's quite impressive, Wazzap for the N9 was not so efficient.
Beside showing the quality of Mitakuuluu, I think theses good results show mainly the quality of Sailfish: very efficient power management and sane way to connect to the internet.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14.