Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
WHY ART GALLERIES ARE BAD

1. Most art galleries are mostly rooms with things hanging on walls. That's a lot of wasted space!

2. You spend a lot of time in rooms already. If you go to an art gallery, you are spending energy you need in rooms where you don't need to be. That leaves you less energy to live your life in the important rooms.

3. People shouldn't be spending their lives on art when they could be doing important things like writing programs, and you shouldn't encourage them by looking at the stuff they created.

4. The further you go into an art gallery, the more rooms you have to go thru to get back to where you need to be. This makes it more difficult to get back to the rooms where you should be doing important things like writing programs.

5. Why does anyone want to create these big empty places with art on the walls anyway? There is no reason for them. We should make it more difficult for them to create the rooms and to get to them. The only people who can create rooms like that should be people who understand how to do important things like writing programs.

PS. Thanks for the new repository, and the added rooms!

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
hey matan.

first of all: great mod!

but:
i can't change the background of my additional desktop.
it doesn't work if i set it before i activate it with the second command you posted and even doesn't work afterwards.

so i have to workaround with setting the background of my first desktop, then activate the fifth which will set this image there too and then change the background of my first desktop back to the normal one.

but when i have to shutdown/reboot the background changes back to the image of my first screen. ;(

anything i can do!?

See in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=570811 .

Summary: you need to replace hildon-home package and use newer modified-hildon-desktop package. Even then I am not sure that the GUI method for changing background works. I use gconftool.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maurelio79 View Post
Amazing!!!!! 6 desktop for me is perfect!! Thanks very much for you work!!

There's some trouble about using modified hildon desktop?

Regards
will this cause ANY Kind of Trouble?slow performance? any ..::cool.? and should this be typed in z terminal ( im quite ignorant on those codes and where they should be? so i could copy and paste it in the terminal?...Thanks 4 ur efforts!! ,, FEAR GOD and Be GOOD GUYZZ<<we will die and we will be asked wt we did in our lives,, death is ceratINNNN>>

Last edited by raedn900; 2010-06-06 at 02:28.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
This is not working now..i just try to install it on my n900 and it wouldnt let me anymore i get this error: "Package mmodified-hildon-desktop is not available , but is refferd to by another package. this mean that the package is missing, has been obsolated, or is only available from another source."

Tags
add desktops, additional desktops, desktop, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more than four desktops, panoramic desktop