Hi,

I'm looking for a SSH client that has a GUI for different connection profiles (servers, usernames, charsets, etc.). I'm well aware that you can get something close enough by just using openssh in the terminal, but that's not ideal. Programs like connectbot on android or putty touch on symbian also have embedded touch gestures (e.g. for changing channels while in irssi). It'd also be nice to connect with just 2-3 clicks from the applications menu.

Is there something like this for maemo?

As far as I know, no - reason is simple. No one need something like that, where ssh config got very advanced filtering option (multiple rules for hosts match), + You can easily prepare sh scripts, invokable from it's name or few first letter and TAB. Also, creating shortcuts to such sh script is possible - if You really need that.

As for Irssi, You're talking about IRC, or SSH? 0_o?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I am talking about connecting to a server using SSH that is running my IRC client. Irssi was just an example where gestures are extremely useful (like sending alt+n or alt+p to change channels depending on swipe direction). Making shell scripts and turning them into shortcuts is very cumbersome and still doesn't have all of the features I'd want to have. Why would a small GUI not be possible? This isn't really something I want to compromise on as I've had that functionality even on S60 for years.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I'm sure I heard PuTTY has been released for N9 in OVI Store (was not free though). But I didn't see it with my N950 in the store.

But check it out if you can get it with N9.

Tried searching, but with no luck. Maybe it's still waiting for QA. There is a 1€ putty app in the store for Symbian, but that's some kind of scam and has a 1 star rating. Wouldn't mind paying a few euros for something functional though.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
You need PAC ported to maemo/fremantle ....

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pacmanager/