Active Topics

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Now i already installed the Nitdroid for Nokia N9 and i installed too the Open Kernel and i already saw the known limitations:

Known limitations:
1. OpenMode. Secure storage problems in Harmattan (can't save passwords for email client, Twitter, Facebook etc).
2. OpenMode. Device Lock Code wouldn't work.
3. SIMLOCK. Sorry, you are out of luck, seems to be your device is locked by operator (do you have any obligatory contract?). Please, contact Nokia or operator representatives/support for more information.
On each phone startup, i will need to type the Ovi Store, Facebook, Google, Twitter login several times.

But i would like to know if there is a solution for my problem or i will need to remove the Nitdroid and restore the original firmware to solve the problem.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=195.0

#### Execute these commands before doing the open mode kernel so that your passwords will work properly. Only do if using option 1 to fix password issue.
#### Option 1 for fixing password issue.
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts/
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync/
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis/

The Following User Says Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
It is possible to use the app Filebox and delete this folders /home/user/.accounts and .activesync and .aegis then restart the phone, and reenter your accounts and passwords and your phone will remember accounts and passwords.

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Simple and perfect! All problems were solved. Thanks a lot!

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
hi! now i have open kernel, to go back do i need to complete reflesh my N9 or can i simply flash the kernel?
"flasher -F rootfs.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R"

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
hi! now i have open kernel, to go back do i need to complete reflesh my N9 or can i simply flash the kernel?
"flasher -F rootfs.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R"
You should be able to do the above but its always said a full reflash is better... Maybe get your back-ups done and try the above; if doesn't work as expected then do a reflash...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You should be able to do the above but its always said a full reflash is better... Maybe get your back-ups done and try the above; if doesn't work as expected then do a reflash...
if it doesn't work, could it damage something? is there any other way to fix the passwords without go back to the stock kernel?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
if it doesn't work, could it damage something? is there any other way to fix the passwords without go back to the stock kernel?
You have a password issue hence you want to go back to stock kernel?

You simply need to delete all your accounts in open mode to fix passwords issue...

In terminal type:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
The above is to delete 3 folders only not whole /home/user (like someone else who did deleted /home/user) and do a reboot then create new accounts and reboot after 2nd reboot it won't bug you anymore

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
oh! i undertood another thing! (that i had to do that whit the stock kernel)
many thanks =D

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post: