Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I think it's much better to have a dedicated thread for Jolla news. So here it is.

Scope of this thread: post and discuss about recent Jolla news (and implications thereof), recent being the news within ~60 days. Discussing about the latest news is encouraged (but not necessary).

All discussion drifting too far away from the actual subject (news) is looked down upon. Try to be sensible. There's breathing room (it's not that strict), just don't push it too far to off-topic

Similar thread(s), which IMO still deserve their own thread:
Jolla Reviews from the Media / General Public post and discuss about reviews of Jolla's (first) phone from news / tech sites / etc.

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-12-05 at 20:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbE9AV3S8xI

"We dont have a plan for north america" 4.09min

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by cvp View Post

Bad news is better than complete silence, i guess .
Barnabas Collins

Last edited by kollin; 2013-12-02 at 21:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I'm still gutted that Jolla couldn't find time to send even an e-mail saying "Sorry, nothing for you" for those of us who live outside of Europe and paid actual money to pre-order.

...and yet I still love the concept and the spirit of The Little Dinghy That Could! The UI looks really exciting; I was a bit bummed out months and months ago when I read that the Swipe UI wasn't licensed from Nokia , but the demo videos I've seen make Sailfish look like a natural & desirable evolution of the Swipe UI. Gimme gimme gimme!

So yeah: sorry to be a one-issue TMO poster right now, but I'm still waiting to hear from Jolla anything about the status of my pre-order. I don't care that much about the €40 I dropped on the T-shirt, but more that I don't even know if I can assign my pre-order number to a friend in the EU and get a device that way, or if I just have to wait and hope and wait and wait and wait...

Last edited by shallimus; 2013-12-02 at 21:46.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
You should be able to mail care@jolla.com to get your shipping address changed to your EU friends address, have your friend (or yourself) pay, and then bribe your friend to courier/ship the device to you. Whether you get the device (in one piece, or at all due to customs, taxes, regulations) is another question completely.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I'm still gutted that Jolla couldn't find time to send even an e-mail saying "Sorry, nothing for you" for those of us who live outside of Europe and paid actual money to pre-order.

...and yet I still love the concept and the spirit of The Little Dinghy That Could! The UI looks really exciting; I was a bit bummed out months and months ago when I read that the Swipe UI wasn't licensed from Nokia , but the demo videos I've seen make Sailfish look like a natural & desirable evolution of the Swipe UI. Gimme gimme gimme!

So yeah: sorry to be a one-issue TMO poster right now, but I'm still waiting to hear from Jolla anything about the status of my pre-order. I don't care that much about the €40 I dropped on the T-shirt, but more that I don't even know if I can assign my pre-order number to a friend in the EU and get a device that way, or if I just have to wait and hope and wait and wait and wait...
My suggestion is to ask jolla all those questions at zendesk(it works and they are very kind) as soon as possible!!
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Portugal is the next country to be supported, If I got it right as in being sold by phone carriers and etc.

Video Here

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
You should be able to mail care@jolla.com to get your shipping address changed to your EU friends address, have your friend (or yourself) pay...
Good idea! Already mailed them asking what I should expect and whether or not this is possible; hoping they will give me an encouraging response.

and then bribe your friend to courier/ship the device to you. Whether you get the device (in one piece, or at all due to customs, taxes, regulations) is another question completely.
Ah, the delights of gray-market imports.

Good luck!
Thanks!

Last edited by shallimus; 2013-12-02 at 22:12.

Originally Posted by cvp View Post

This sounds bad.

Tags
jolla, latest news, sailfish