Active Topics

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
I'm confused......I'm assuming some of the engaget images must be concept images, but this image doesn't half look like Maemo/MeeGo to me.

Image from this link http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/m...ctures-and-de/

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by siperkin View Post
but this image doesn't half look like Maemo/MeeGo to me.
I'm not sure where you're getting that it should...?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That's microsoft's next gen tablet device and has nothing to do with maemo/MeeGo...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
I'm not saying that it should, just that it does (in my opinion) look similar. The top left is similar to the multi use buttion, the double folded page button is very similar to the tripple folded button in ovi maps, the left and right arrows very similar to those in the email interface, + button very similar to the MicroB button.

Last edited by siperkin; 2010-03-07 at 04:52.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
WOW... i want one.

That looks fantastic. The first genuine step towards a portable computer you can actually take into a meeting and not look like an IT guy. The note taking function looks like it would replace dozens of project books.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
WOW... i want one.

That looks fantastic. The first genuine step towards a portable computer you can actually take into a meeting and not look like an IT guy. The note taking function looks like it would replace dozens of project books.
For anyone who hasn't used a slate with an active digitizer, it is fantastic for meetings/classes. It can be used for taking handwritten notes, creating text with handwriting recognition, and, most importantly, marking up PDFs or other handouts. Combine it with MS OneNote or EverNote and you've got the potential to carry all your paper files and notes in your hand.

It's also great for presentations - forget cheesy fades and highlights, you can draw on the slate (and have it displayed on the screen) to highlight items. You can also take notes directly on the slides and email them as a meeting record.

I really hope the Courier gets to production, has an active digitizer on at least one screen, and runs Win7 with its handwriting recognition. Unfortunately, given how MS has repeatedly dropped the ball on tablets, it will probably just be a two screen iPad that doesn't add much capability.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
courier, microsoft, tablet