Active Topics

Yes! StreamTuner is fantastic. I use it all the time. There are just some radio programs I'm like to hear that require a browser that will play the Clear Channel popup interface instead of using the laptop. So, this may be a browser problem rather than a "find the code" one. Clear Channel likes to show graphics and adverts while the radio station is in a commercial break or before the stream starts. That's probably why they don't make a link available that allows you to listen using a standalone player as does the BBC.

I've really become spoiled by the N800.

Last edited by belder; 2008-02-17 at 21:33.

Here is another clue to the streamaudio problem. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080211/aqm019.html?.v=44
Is playing or not playing in Media Player something the radio station itself can control?

I went to the 77WABC site and it listed Adobe Flash Player 9 as needed to run their player for OSX and Linux. So, is this a Flash problem as to why we can't hear audio on these station web sites?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by stanheer View Post
I would like to be able to listen to a particular station (WNTP) which is streamed by www.streamaudio.com.
I'm sorry, but I've been unable to reproduce the problems you're having with this stream. Hopefully the recent success you're having with it will continue.

I've checked the stream a few times--both from my home and work WiFi networks--and it's just worked. Each time I've simply Googled for WNTP, gone to their web site, clicked their "Listen Live" button, waited for their player window to load in a new browser window, and clicked the music document icon that's partially visible where the media player control bar would appear in a full desktop browser. Media Player then loads, buffers very briefly, and plays the stream.

In case it helps you though, here are the MMS links that are currently in their ASX file:
Please post here if the WNTP's stream starts giving you trouble again. There's a wealth of smart folks (plus me) in these fora, and we'll see if we can find a solution.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-02-18 at 14:40.

Originally Posted by stanheer View Post
--- Have a new N800 w/ OS2008. I would like to be able to listen to a particular station (WNTP) which is streamed by www.streamaudio.com. Most of their stations will not play in Media Player. They either get stuck on "connecting" or "buffering", or the message window "Connection to media stream lost" pops up immediately upon launch.!
This link worked for me:
mms://uni1.salem.streamaudio.com/WNTP_AM

Regarding listening to CBC Radio on the the N800, I found the solution thanks to the ideas posted on this thread.

First, using a desktop PC, go to the CBC Radio site and choose a live stream to listen to. A built-in Windows Media player is imbedded on the screen. Place the cursor over this player and right click the mouse. Choose 'Properties' and there is a web address displayed.

Then manually type this address into the web browser of the N800. Presto, the Media player pops up and the station plays. All you have to do is bookmark it, rename it to something understandable and it's there whenever you want it.

The Following User Says Thank You to 46jimbo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Regarding listening to CBC Radio on the the N800, I found the solution thanks to the ideas posted on this thread.

First, using a desktop PC, go to the CBC Radio site and choose a live stream to listen to. A built-in Windows Media player is imbedded on the screen. Place the cursor over this player and right click the mouse. Choose 'Properties' and there is a web address displayed.

Then manually type this address into the web browser of the N800. Presto, the Media player pops up and the station plays. All you have to do is bookmark it, rename it to something understandable and it's there whenever you want it.
You can also download a playlist of Canadian CBC Radio One and 2 streams I compiled.

There are two versions (same content; download attachment):
cbcradio-mediaplayer.m3u is intended for Media Player
and cbcradio-kmplayer.m3u is for kmplayer and mplayer
(you can see the Channel name when you browse channels).
Remove the .txt part when you save the list.

Radio One stations are 32 kb/s, Radio 2 64 kb/s.

CBC Radio 3 is at http://shoutcast1.cbcradio3.com:80/
but I think that it works only with mplayer.
How to play: Start X terminal, mplayer http://shoutcast1.cbcradio3.com:80/
Attached Files
File Type: txt cbcradio-mediaplayer.m3u.txt (4.1 KB, 411 views)
File Type: txt cbcradio-kmplayer.m3u.txt (3.8 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Ism; 2008-05-10 at 21:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ism For This Useful Post: