Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
extra-devel only...

so unless you feel like beta-testing, dont bother...

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
I'd like to ask little help from some one speaking English as a first language. Omweather's English help file has many errors and it would be good if some one can read it through and send the fixes for us. Best way would be to join the team in https://garage.maemo.org/projects/omweather/ but all help is appreciated.

Localizations may have also some translation errors so please fill a bug or contact us some other means.

Adding new translations is also fairly easy so if you are interested to translate omweather for your own language please contact us and we can tell you how to get started.

Our gratitude is all you get and probably your name in the thanks page in the omweather. I hope it's enough

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
any chance of ever having the option of tapping and getting a radar image for the set region?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I'd be happy to put my years of English study to use for you. Just registering a maemo account, and will join the team as soon as it allows me to do so.

- Brian

Excellent job! It works flawlessly for me. Thanks.

I love the new sensor temperature feature. Does anybody know the effect on battery drain by setting this to update every 1 minute vs every 30 minutes?
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by briand View Post
I'd be happy to put my years of English study to use for you. Just registering a maemo account, and will join the team as soon as it allows me to do so.

- Brian
Unnecessary comma! I call unnecessary comma!

I jest. In all seriousness, thanks for joining the team and helping to add to the already impressive quality assurance they've provided for a wonderful and free tool!

Yeah, yeah. I'm overflowing with praise but how can't you? As someone else put it, this application is certainly raising the bar for quality.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
danramos --

hahaha... I think you misspelled the first (and fifth) word(s) in your reply. It's spelled o-p-t-i-o-n-a-l.

The Following User Says Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
For some reason on my install, I can't see the drop down lists in the add station dialog.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by briand View Post
danramos --

hahaha... I think you misspelled the first (and fifth) word(s) in your reply. It's spelled o-p-t-i-o-n-a-l.
You mock me!

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
For some reason on my install, I can't see the drop down lists in the add station dialog.
You need to install "omweather-weather-com-stations-db" package to get this working. It should be on the repository or you can grap it from: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1999

The Following User Says Thank You to mve For This Useful Post:

Tags
omweather, update