Active Topics

You can start here http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/...e/Introduction

And there is a nice introduction to pattern recognition here: http://note.sonots.com/SciSoftware/haartraining.html
You should be able to compile the samples given and to directly execute it on your n900. It will require some libs, but they're all in the depos.

The Following User Says Thank You to eti1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Why these tags to thread? I can't understand...

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield, England.
I have ported the opencv-2.2 library (mostly).. onto the n900 im trying to build an api that makes using it easy with apps on the n900 for my dissertation..

I could share that when its ready as a deb or something..

Finally im trying to build an app that would use n900 + projector and use camera to make a hand tracking drawing app

Ps.. its not so hard to compile though and face detection apps work out of the box!

I will try soon to do something, also because I have to choose a topic for an university exam...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Why don't you write a short list of what technology/libraries/languages you'll use for the different parts of your project.

You'll see what you already know and what you'll need to learn as well others can propose you with simpler or better solutions.

Just a thought .. and ignore the tags.

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Hilbert-Curve?

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Why don't you write a short list of what technology/libraries/languages you'll use for the different parts of your project.

You'll see what you already know and what you'll need to learn as well others can propose you with simpler or better solutions.

Just a thought .. and ignore the tags.
My idea is Qt + OpenCV, nothing else atm...
OpenCV is a must from university, Qt is my preference for portability...

@epitaph
Uh?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield, England.
My idea is pretty simple,
try and get as many parts of opencv working on the n900 i can possibly and make a re-distributable .deb
then im going to make a python api that tracks colours, hands and some basic things and can dock into other applications easily and have this functionality.
Then a demo app to show it off, mentioned above to be able to draw using gestures and stuff.

I have just about begun, ill keep everyone posted. proper dev starts after the 21st as soon as im done with my exams..!

Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
@epitaph
Uh?
Ever tried to render an image through a hilbert-curve and a Fourier-Transformation and then save the result to a database and then compare it with previous results? isn't that a face detection? Btw. I have written a hilbert-curve in php only problem is that such a fractal is only working for images with the size of power 2.

man try making the software...wish it works for login identification..

Tags
face detection, i want a pony, just shoot me