Active Topics

Dear all,

Cant view any video from the BBC website-www.bbc.co.uk-can listen to audio-anyone know how I can change video resolution or a fix so I can watch streaming video from this site-in fact any video?

Cheers

JP

Hi,

Here's what I do to get the BBC News 24 video working:-

1. Goto http://news.bbc.co.uk
2. Click on 'Watch Live BBC News 24'
3. Goto to the bottom of the screen and select 'Launch in stand alone player'. Media Player should open and start streaming.

I think in the past I may have selected 'Real Player' for the video streaming (if it asks).

Nik.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
My experience is that it worked initially for me a few weeks back when I first got my N800 but since then I get the 'video resolution not supported message'.

Also I notice that the pages rarely finish loading and stick at 13/14, etc. So whether it is an N800 issue or a BBC one I can't day.

FWIW the attempt at watching the same video on my Vista computer crashes Firefox - and that used work a few weeks ago too.

Thanks for the tip will try it now.pretty sure i've tried that already. Has anyone tried too contact nokia?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post
Thanks for the tip will try it now.pretty sure i've tried that already. Has anyone tried too contact nokia?
Contact nokia for what?

This is a streaming issue not a "Nokia" issue...

Still no joy-tried in standalone-same error message.

Thanks, then i'll try the bbc?

I was able to view streaming for springwatch web cams but not click or normal bbc news snippets.

On sky videos tells me i need macromedia flash? Does this ring any.bells with anyone?

Originally Posted by UberSpod View Post
Hi,

Here's what I do to get the BBC News 24 video working:-

1. Goto http://news.bbc.co.uk
2. Click on 'Watch Live BBC News 24'
3. Goto to the bottom of the screen and select 'Launch in stand alone player'. Media Player should open and start streaming.

I think in the past I may have selected 'Real Player' for the video streaming (if it asks).

Nik.
Does this still work for you? I cant get it to work-video res not supported again