Active Topics

The Following User Says Thank You to glassflag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I thought 42 was a much more interesting number.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
so it will be $600 then...

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Oh, joy. Now I wish it had a name like N950-00a, so nobody would buy it just because N9-is-higher-than-N8, only those that know what it is. Like me

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
it might as well say "according to the homeless guy i met yesterday" - that would be just about as credible as a tweet from eldar these days

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Maybe I'm just old like that, at 20 years old and all, but when something shows up on Twitter, for one, my first thought isn't that it's reliable factual information.

Second, Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.

if its true then this is horrible news

it will probobly get no support, have bugs, and all the like since they branded it a "niche device"

i was hoping they would have healthy production, spend plenty on a marketing blitz and all that jazz so we the buyers know we have a winner on our hands with strong support from Nokia

Last edited by yodawg; 2011-05-25 at 20:20.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Maybe I'm just old like that, at 20 years old and all, but when something shows up on Twitter, for one, my first thought isn't that it's reliable factual information.

Second, Eldar Murtazin? Really? Really? I think experience shows us he's almost always wrong, except by rare coincidence.
Funny that because when I read opinions posted by pundits on forums my first thought isn't that it is worth taking any notice of.

Twitter isn't the source, it's the medium. Eldar Murtazin is the source.

And from what I've ever heard he's rather accurate. For example Nokia has just announced the Oro -- which he said November last year was coming.

The fact that Nokia had Russian police raid his house says everything I need to know about his credibility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glassflag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by glassflag View Post
Funny that because when I read opinions posted by pundits on forums my first thought isn't that it is worth taking any notice of.

Twitter isn't the source, it's the medium. Eldar Murtazin is the source.
Cute, though I concede you're right that forums and twitter are equally credible as mediums. Either way, Eldar Murtazin is not that reliable.

And from what I've ever heard he's rather accurate. For example Nokia has just announced the Oro -- which he said November last year was coming.

The fact that Nokia had Russian police raid his house says everything I need to know about his credibility.
The fact that that's a mistatement of what exactly happened with the Russian police thing is rather informative regarding your qualifications for what you need to know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
As unfortunate for many of you and sad as it may seem, that number is an accurate estimate.

The Dali is aimed at developers. The Lankku is the consumer slate. Anything non-WP7 has taken an extremely, extremely low priority. MeeGo is going to sit under a heat lamp in the back while WP7 is put on main display.