Active Topics

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
I must confess, that after the Xperia X has been my first 5" device I'm getting used to the size (never thought I could) plus I'm starting to use it more often than my Jolla despite Android - I'm feeling trapped by Sony and Google (and Jolla who made me buying this Box of the Pandora ...) It's just so convenient using all the comfort offered by only giving up your privacy - hurry up Jolla or I might be lost in the Google brainwash universe - rescue me

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
unless you're a dainty little princess (or donald trump), then a 5" shell the size of the xperia X is perfectly manageable.

current phone is 5.2" P8, and that for my hand is likewise manageable.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
I must confess, that after the Xperia X has been my first 5" device I'm getting used to the size (never thought I could) plus I'm starting to use it more often than my Jolla despite Android - I'm feeling trapped by Sony and Google (and Jolla who made me buying this Box of the Pandora ...) It's just so convenient using all the comfort offered by only giving up your privacy - hurry up Jolla or I might be lost in the Google brainwash universe - rescue me
I tried using Windows phone and android but the lack of gestures was just a killer But I do see what you mean by convenience in exchange for privacy.

I really really really hope Jolla gets it sorted quickly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Similar worried situation here. I'm looking at HMD to know the specs of Nokia 8 (Android) they should release in the next months. Now let's see who is faster, they or Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
For me, it is exactly the opposite: the longer I try the Xperia X, the more I miss Sailfish. There are so many things in Android I can’t get used to and there are even things that simply don’t work nicely. For instance, I tried Citrix on the Aquafish and the Tablet and it works nicely (with Alien Dalvik). On the Xperia X I have all sorts of problems, one being that the status bar or these stupid symbols for “back”, “home” and “opened apps” (that you can’t use anyway because of lack of multitasking) come across and interfere with the Citrix Desktop, hindering me in saving documents etc..

Android is just a nightmare.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
3 month seriously?
That "3+ months" looks like FUD - with or without malice. But maybe it's because the original poster didn't cite the exact paragraph.

Jolla can't afford shipping SFOSXX in a hurry, especially if it comes with a price tag to download it and a bit of a hassle to install it. And even more because if this goes well, the door to native SFOS Sony-tier cellphones will be wide open. And AFAIK noone except Android and Winphone can get the interest of a top-tier OEM.

I also am very excited to have SFOS on a 5" device. Used to watch movies on the Jolla phone while long-distance commuting, a 7" tablet was too big, the Jolla phone seemed a bit smaller than needed (albeit a perfect screen, even if it was an exact quarter of the full HD). Funny, my everyday desktop monitor is 27" full HD, whereas Xperia X is 5" full HD. Maybe every cellphone manufacturer found that it's easier to add megapixels than making a phone battery last two days of heavy usage...

Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
totally disagree about the 'joy' of still being able to use micro-usb (2.0) in the years 2018/19.
The only two reasons to upgrade from micro-USB 2.0 are data throughput and battery charging current.

The only time you really feel throughput between PC and cellphone is too low, it's when you want to run a full backup from scratch.

And high current charging is still debatable - especially when the battery is not replaceable and is not brand new.

Add in the insane diffusion of USB 2.0 plugs (the bike I'm going to buy sports an USB 2 charging port, not an USB-C), and maybe you will realize that 2017-2018 is still too early to jump on the "phone with USB-C" bandwaggon. It will take quite a while to see the USB-C replace the classic USB.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Had to bite the Apple today
My Jolla1 has served me well, but now it reboots too often and the battery is old and drainy.
I like IOS. Simple, fluid, just works...BUT not as fun and rare as Sailfish. Let's hope this fruitiness is short and sweet. I want Xperia X and Sailfish as soon as possible!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Had to bite the Apple today
My Jolla1 has served me well, but now it reboots too often and the battery is old and drainy.
I like IOS. Simple, fluid, just works...BUT not as fun and rare as Sailfish. Let's hope this fruitiness is short and sweet. I want Xperia X and Sailfish as soon as possible!
http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2015/...for-jolla.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Better to buy original one http://allegro.pl/nowa-oryginalna-ba...649316614.html
Where did they get those? Given how fast they were sold out forever, I would have guessed there were maybe 100 extra batteries in total, ever.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x