Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If nokia launched a lumia Note with a 5,5" screen and a 6 row qwerty and an updated version of office and the top of the line hw im interrested. The lumias of today could not be sold even if ms gave it away for free.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
The lumias of today could not be sold even if ms gave it away for free.
They have been giving them away for free. I have one that will probably end up on ebay soon. £65 to test my own application on my own device? Fvck you, M$.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
If nokia launched a lumia Note with a 5,5" screen and a 6 row qwerty and an updated version of office and the top of the line hw im interrested. The lumias of today could not be sold even if ms gave it away for free.
480 x 800 on a 5.5" screen? That would surely look awful!
And higher resolutions are forbidden for WP 7.x by Microsoft.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
480 x 800 on a 5.5" screen? That would surely look awful!
And higher resolutions are forbidden for WP 7.x by Microsoft.
it doesnt look awful on 7" when used properly(around 50cm distance from face...)

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
come on its better developing maemo6 rather than talking bout that sh*tty WP,

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
The lumias of today could not be sold even if ms gave it away for free.
What if they gave a free N9 with every lumia - that should work

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
It was more of a rhetorical question since IMO Nokia have no compelling services. Except for Maps, and only because it can be used offline (except for the miserable N900 version - which to add insult to injury often does not even work online!)
Point bolded. Some average cellphone buyer might be tempted for example with Nokias deal to be at least the first one to get EA games to their cellphones.

http://www.liveside.net/2011/10/28/e...indows-phones/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
What if they gave a free N9 with every lumia - that should work
That could work but people would just be like thanks you can keep the Lumia.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Point bolded. Some average cellphone buyer might be tempted for example with Nokias deal to be at least the first one to get EA games to their cellphones.

http://www.liveside.net/2011/10/28/e...indows-phones/
Yes... and the last ones to get everything else.. or not get most apps that people want at ALL. Microsoft's ecosystem is still very small and growing very, very slowly. Very slowly. Very. I doubt that is an attractive proposition to the average cellphone buyer despite EA.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Yes... and the last ones to get everything else.. or not get most apps that people want at ALL. Microsoft's ecosystem is still very small and growing very, very slowly. Very slowly. Very. I doubt that is an attractive proposition to the average cellphone buyer despite EA.
True, that's why I love my n9! It's for the guys and girls with fine taste...a delicat phone

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows