Active Topics

Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Probably yeah, also could you please 'ls -la /dev/diag'?
Code:
$ ls -la /dev/diag 
crw-rw---- 1 system qcom_diag 243, 0 2015-08-14 09:44 /dev/diag
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
PS I'm asking since SnoopSnitch on Android uses it, so I'm just asking if Jolla enables it - waiting for J2
Uhm... not sure whether aliendalvik will be allowed to access this stuff though, that somebody else will have to try. I try to stay away from android.

Waiting for Jolla 2? Uhm... may be a bit of a wait as nothing has been announced at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Hey @ all,

(sorry, if it's the wrong place for such a question, could the mods please put it in the right thread?)

Got a really BIG problem, after updating tor (by NielDK), and downloading Tor settings applet (by coderus) from Openrepos.

After updating tor, and loading Tor settings applet, i activate the dot in the first row in settings applet (can't remember exact name right now), and then started tor once by clicking on the onion symbol, and tried do deactivate it after a few hours later, also by clicking the symbol.
Now after deactivating it, my jolla won't restart correctly. I have a permanent black screen, without anything left there. The only things i can see is the volumeslider, and the locksymbol when swiping down to lock the screen.
Also the power key is still working, but it seems, that nothing else is working, cause after shuting down the phone via power key, and turning it on again, it isn't either asking for my PIN code.

Please, if anybody can help me, let me know, it would be great...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I hope you have enabled developer mode.
If so, can you still ssh to the device either via USB or WLAN conection?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I hope you have enabled developer mode.
If so, can you still ssh to the device either via USB or WLAN conection?

Yes, the developer mode is enabled.
Unfortunately, i never used the SSH/FTP connection via USB or WLAN, so even if i try it now, i'm missing the WLAN/USB IP adress, right? (That are those moments, one realising it would've been better using it before. )

But when connected to my laptop via USB, i'm stil able to choose in the Jolla display, what connection i do prefer, Charge, Sync, or Dev. Mode.
Could this be useful?

The USB mode should be 192.168.2.15 (unless you changed it) and the Wlan mode should be look-up-able via your router (if you have access to it).

Select "Dev" in the connection types.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
The USB mode should be 192.168.2.15 (unless you changed it) and the Wlan mode should be look-up-able via your router (if you have access to it).

Select "Dev" in the connection types.

YEAH, great. It works, thanks for that.
The USB IP adress, seems to work, so i'm now logged in, in Terminal as nemo, and also as root, if neccessary...

The Following User Says Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
I'm not going to be the best person to help here, especially as I've no idea what tor does to the system, but you could check the systemd services are running (I *think* they're listed in /usr/lib/systemd/usr - though not all of those will need to be running). Eg:

# systemctl --user status lipstick.service
lipstick.service - The lipstick UI
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/lipstick.service; disabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2015-09-03 09:20:55 BST; 59min ago
Main PID: 11928 (lipstick)
CGroup: /user.slice/user-100000.slice/user@100000.service/lipstick.service
├─11928 /usr/bin/lipstick -plugin evdevtouch:/dev/input/event0:rotate=0 -plugin evdevk...
└─12790 invoker --type=silica-qt5 -s /usr/bin/jolla-notes
EDIT: I wuold suggest using pkcon to uninstall tor and reinstall anything it may have affected, but as I say, I don't know what it does to the system, so you may be best to see if someone more knowledgeable comes along (and/or look at the contents of the tor rpm).

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
I'm not going to be the best person to help here, especially as I've no idea what tor does to the system, but you could check the systemd services are running (I *think* they're listed in /usr/lib/systemd/usr - though not all of those will need to be running). Eg:

EDIT: I wuold suggest using pkcon to uninstall tor and reinstall anything it may have affected, but as I say, I don't know what it does to the system, so you may be best to see if someone more knowledgeable comes along (and/or look at the contents of the tor rpm).

skanky, thank you so far, for your help and disponibility.

I'm also not sure if this depends only on tor, but i thought so, as it was the last function i'm using before this happens.

I found out, that there are still a few other functions that were working. i.E:

- after starting the phone, the "call flasher enabled" popup is still shown.

- (and born from an simple idea, cause i have tor saved as shortcut, on f5)

ToHKbd seems also still to work, keyboard is recognized py phone when attached, and background lights turns on. It's possible to use the shortcut commands, and they were also shown by popups in the display, but nothing gets started, the display remains black. Also re/enabling tor via f5, doesn't seem to work.

Also using shortcuts commands, CTRL + ALT + DEL, and CTRL + ALT+ Backspace, for rebooting phone and restart lipstick, seems to work. The remorse popups were shown, and the phone seems to reboot/restart lipstick.

...i'm more than confused, with this behavior.

Try running systemctl and systemctl --user and seeing if there are any failures. I have one sd card mount failure under system and one service failure under --user. I'm going to raise a TJC question about mine - though I see no behavioural issues from the failures.

Also, do you have mcetool installed? If so, you could check the settings via that.

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Try running systemctl and systemctl --user and seeing if there are any failures. I have one sd card mount failure under system and one service failure under --user. I'm going to raise a TJC question about mine - though I see no behavioural issues from the failures.

Also, do you have mcetool installed? If so, you could check the settings via that.

In fact, there really are failures.
under systemctl:
- mount-sd@mmcblk1.service --- loaded failed failed --- Handle sdcard

under systemctl --usr:
- as-daemon-accounts-check.service --- loaded failed failed --- check for EAS accounts
- harbour-pyletoh.service --- loaded failed failed --- harbour-pyletoh service

Mcetool is not installed, if i remember correctly.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience