Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Remember €50 is with VAT.

Pity, that there's no double-tap-to-wake support. Hopefully somebody will implement it and it will be faster than Jolla C's.
Double-tap-to-wake is at least supported by the hardware and Sony supports this feature on Android, however compared to the Jolla, it works very unreliably. I sometimes have to tap up to six or eight times until something happens...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Along with double-tap-to-wake there is another gesture, swipe from one side towards the other side, maybe that one works better?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Double-tap-to-wake is at least supported by the hardware and Sony supports this feature on Android, however compared to the Jolla, it works very unreliably. I sometimes have to tap up to six or eight times until something happens...
It works most times if you triple-tap or if you flip the device - seems the digitizer is in a kind of sleep mode and recognises the double tap only after a 'wake-up' - might be a energy saving feature (or just a bug ;-) )

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
It works most times if you triple-tap or if you flip the device - seems the digitizer is in a kind of sleep mode and recognises the double tap only after a 'wake-up' - might be a energy saving feature (or just a bug ;-) )
Yep, triple does it always for me. Double tap almost never

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Sounds like how the tap wake works on OnePlus X. I usually have to triple tap for the screen to wake.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
That's strange, for me double tap is working quite well on Xperia.

And with Android it's also possible to double tap to sleep/close the screen. I find it very intriguing to maybe have both functions also with Sailfish X. But i fear this will unfortunately not happen, if Jolla is not sure if double tap to wake will be present on Sailfish X.

Also swiping from the sides to wake up the device, as already mentioned, would be great.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Normal Xperia X under android does suport double tap to wake up and the turn the screen off.

If Sailfish X doesn't then I will be very sad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Haha. This is also the case for me with the JollaC

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Normal Xperia X under android does suport double tap to wake up and the turn the screen off.

If Sailfish X doesn't then I will be very sad.
Why do you want that feature? When fingerprint will be available, you will have to use your power button for unlock your device, (assuming that you will use fingerprint), so that feature will be unnecessary, at least for me as happens right now with Android

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
XZ1 rumours If true, looks like I'll take my money elsewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x