i feel the wiki is to technical for an average joe user. you must spoon feed the average joe but not to much if you see what i mean. also alot of hints and tips from my experiance i think would help if they were added to that wiki. also my post isnt quite finished as i am still at work.

good work on the wiki tho just got to remember not every one is here from a technical background.

after reading more into that wiki i realise my tutorial isnt realy for just reflashing the n900 its more for fixing it from the system malfunction state. this isnt possible by just following the wiki as system malfunction stops you turning on and off your device and stops you charging your device this should be stated some were. i have also included areas that i got confused in while using that wiki. if you read my post u will notice there is information in there that isnt directly stated within the wiki.

sorry for the long post im not very good at english.

I just had this occur to me and I figure its because I ran the battery out this afternoon without a proper shutdown. This was like the previous shutdown's message. A full charge and a subsequent reboot fixed it issue for me.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands / Rotterdam
I had this problem last week.
When you're running out of battery-life don't(!) reboot your phone, or else it'll say that it's malfunctioning.

Also had it twice in the past 2 wekks, it booted fine the 2nd time tho, maybe its coz iv modded my N900 to death?

Have this happening right now after dropping it (and I was planning on ordering an otterbox this week)

When turning it on it just gets to the Nokia screen and vibrates in a loop till the shutdown message appears.

Unfortunately I'm away for work and don't have my usb to micro cable with me. Will have to wait till I'm back home friday night.

I'm trying to flash it right now (on an XP machine) and once I hit enter at the cmd prompt it says

Flasher v2.5.2 (Sep 24 2009)

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM: %m

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I had this green message one time. Restarted, and works normally (including subsequent restarts) from there on. The battery is always not less than 3/4. What could the reason be? I gain root sometimes, but I delete nothing, only install some packages and try out my strange theme for Hildon.

Originally Posted by system60 View Post
I'm trying to flash it right now (on an XP machine) and once I hit enter at the cmd prompt it says

Flasher v2.5.2 (Sep 24 2009)

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM: %m
I just tried running it w/o the phone connected just to see what it would do and I still get the same message.

turns out I was forgetting to put the extension at the end of the file

Hi there!

I just instaled FCAMERA on my N900 it required me to restart. so i did.

unit kept restarting (just NOKIA welcome screen and restart),
until it showed MALFUNCTION!.... (as stated few posts before).

please help.
i have some important data on unit.
and I need it for work.

Thanks!

Tags
boot, boot error, boot message, error, error message, fremantle, green error, green message, maemo, maemo 5, power on, power on error, power on message, shutdown in 10s, startup, startup error, startup message, system malfunction