Ok, I tried a different brand of MicroSD card and it worked fine, no more 110 errors. The ones that were giving me trouble were Micro Center brand cards; I don't know the brand that worked, I've had them for a while.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
So no other problems with SD cards? Sounds good.

Can somebody other test also booting systems from SD card (to be sure that problems are really fixed)?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Ok, I tried a different brand of MicroSD card and it worked fine, no more 110 errors. The ones that were giving me trouble were Micro Center brand cards; I don't know the brand that worked, I've had them for a while.
FYI Micro Center cards are almost always rebranded A-Data cards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
I'm trying to boot nitdroid but no sucess, i extracted N12_UMay.tar.bz2 and updated with N12_update_2.3.7.tar.bz2 then installed nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb. Also I tryed to copy this http://www.mediafire.com/?0v7ed0jzp6zcqb0 and http://www.mediafire.com/?lu5hq6rinitce5e kernels to mmcblk0p5

I use your .item from your u-boot-images_2012.04-1.tar.gz
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid"
ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"
ITEM_DEVICE="${INT_CARD}p5"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext4"
ITEM_CMDLINE="snd-soc-rx51.hp_lim=42 snd-soc-tlv320aic3x.hp_dac_lim=6 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootdelay=10 init=/init panic=20 debug"
ITEM_REUSEATAGS="1"
Sometimes i get NITDROID boot logo for few seconds but stills he hangs and shutdown and and don't remember with which kernel i booted to boot screen...

Can anyone say which kernel i should use to boot Nitdroid with u-boot, because i'm trying to do this 2 days and nothing, maybe I do some mistakes somewhere else ?

Thanks Pali for great work on u-boot. It makes multi-boot in N900 easier and safe.

How to set default boot entry in u-boot ?

I am not very sure if this has been answered before. I tried looking in this forum but didn't get a straight answer.

I am using the power kernel in multi-boot mode and would like it to be set as default.

Now, I have to make sure that the keypad is out before I power-up N900 and select power kernel boot entry.

Cheers!!!
StarkWiz

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
@Nobless you didn't replace init.nokia.rc and init_subsys

Originally Posted by pali View Post

Can somebody other test also booting systems from SD card (to be sure that problems are really fixed)?
I'm running Nemomobile from SD card. works ok. The system starts without problems.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
what about booting from eMMC partitions.. is that 'fixed'?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by pali View Post

I'm still hit by -110 error on a 32GB Sandisk Class 4, starting Nemo 2012-04-12.1

EDIT: It was probably a fluke. All is well now.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-04-30 at 11:00.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I could need some advice here for selecting custom kernel when backupmenu is installed. When booting with keyboard out only omap1 gets loaded and then backupmenu opens. No Bootmenu where to select anything.

So is there a way to keep backupmenu and pick custom kernels? Btw. I also would like to know how to set the default booting kernel. I would like to have power kernel as default.

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot