Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
why should i fix it? I don't even use it
w0000ps, sorry, too many dsl and e's in those nicks, thought dicksonleong woke up after bump, disregard that

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I didn't follow latest announcements. Is there any ETA when Sailfish installation instructions for CyanogenMod based hardware adaptations will be published? (Same question goes for Nemo I guess). Waiting for updated Jolla hardware revision with another modem is probably futile until the next device, but installing Sailfish on other devices can be a good option meanwhile.
no, nothing.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I didn't follow latest announcements. Is there any ETA when Sailfish installation instructions for CyanogenMod based hardware adaptations will be published? (Same question goes for Nemo I guess). Waiting for updated Jolla hardware revision with another modem is probably futile until the next device, but installing Sailfish on other devices can be a good option meanwhile.
Know any android device where injection/monitor mode works? Latest I heard is Galaxy II, which is quite dated (and with supposedly same driver/hw as N900 which made XDA guys make it real), filling up niches like pentesting could result in a few k more devices sold (or few more k OS installations performed)

How about MMS with this new 1.0 -version?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Know any android device where injection/monitor mode works? Latest I heard is Galaxy II, which is quite dated (and with supposedly same driver/hw as N900 which made XDA guys make it real), filling up niches like pentesting could result in a few k more devices sold (or few more k OS installations performed)
No idea. But Galaxy II seems to have better specs than N9 CPU wise. There is also another point for any such device to consider - ergonomics. It should have a flat screen with no bumps on the sides. Since Sailfish relies on edges swipes a lot, any such bumps would be really irritating.

Last edited by shmerl; 2014-03-17 at 23:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
for i in $(ssu lr 2>&1 | grep openre | cut -d" " -f3); d o ssu dr $i ; done
disables all open repos

No idea. But Galaxy II seems to have better specs than N9 CPU wise. There is also another point for any such device to consider - ergonomics. It should have a flat screen with no bumps on the sides. Since Sailfish relies on edges swipes a lot, any such bumps would be really irritating.
Problem is any (other) modem/wifi will still rely on libhybris/android drivers in Sailfish, so even crowdsourcing such work like lxp did with n900 is unlikely (Kickstarter, sure, just much more likely to happen on the android version first, and only then libhybris could work on supporting all bleeding edge functions). Jolla guys have been mentioning of being able to prepare a WIP adaptation in 24hrs, so this part should be at least far from unlikely. Still, if whole XDA forum lacks a pentesting-able device...

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I really dislike the new cover background. It's too fussy, too bright and the texture doesn't fill the cover tile it sits on. The tile has square corners but the texture has rounded corners.

People at least now gets the contact type right indicating work/home etc but you still can't edit contacts from Google. Needless to day, CardDAV/CalDAV didn't make the cut this time either.

I seem to have had more low memory app shutdowns since the update.

Keyboard improvements are good though it still doesn't switch to uppercase after a period.

Typing in textareas in the browser has improved though the cursor disappears occasionally.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
How about MMS with this new 1.0 -version?
Nope. 10char

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Problem is any (other) modem/wifi will still rely on libhybris/android drivers in Sailfish, so even crowdsourcing such work like lxp did with n900 is unlikely (Kickstarter, sure, just much more likely to happen on the android version first, and only then libhybris could work on supporting all bleeding edge functions).

Sure, it will have to use libhybris and Android drivers. I thought that was their major plan (to use CM hw adaptation with libhybris for Sailfish). I.e. at least until native glibc drivers for any SoC will appear. Even with efforts like Freedreno, it doesn't seem to be happening on a scale to make such SoC usable. Probably until Intel will release open drivers for their new SoC in 2015 libhybris is the only way.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"