It did, but then as it installs it says: unable to install skype, Application packages missing: libhildonfm2 and lidhildonmime0

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Can you show a screenshot of your Application catalogs?

Originally Posted by HiTideBlastoise View Post
It did, but then as it installs it says: unable to install skype, Application packages missing: libhildonfm2 and lidhildonmime0
http://asui.garage.maemo.org/download.html

Load that page on your tablet and click the green sdk/tools link, then try to install skype.

I went there and added the repository, it stated that some catalogs were unavailable, but it still does the same thing when installing skype, it is stuck at downloading something that is 2 kb and just sits there, could the common problem be, that it is fully flashed to the latest OS?

I went there and added the repository, it stated that some catalogs were unavailable, but it still does the same thing when installing skype, it is stuck at downloading something that is 2 kb and just sits there, could the common problem be, that it is fully flashed to the latest OS?
Go into tools -> app catalogs, what catalogs show errors? Does "maemo SDK" show errors?

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Go into tools -> app catalogs, what catalogs show errors? Does "maemo SDK" show errors?
how can I tell?

how can I tell?
The ones with errors will be down at the bottom with a red X or something and show an error message.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I like my screenshot idea better.

All right, I'll do that if possible, my battery is awful though, I think my battery loses connection sometimes, because it just shuts down, how can I tell if my battery is a knock off?

All right, I'll do that if possible, my battery is awful though, I think my battery loses connection sometimes, because it just shuts down, how can I tell if my battery is a knock off?
Is that the old dead battery or a new one? Old batteries that no longer hold a charge confuse the software causing incorrect readings to be displayed. The shutdowns are just the battery dying.