After seeing experiences posted here, I think all of them are refurbs or malfunctioning devices, batt chargers are fulty, usb port is faulty...The idea of buying N900 is flying away after reading all this horror histories...Should I abandon the idea of getting a brand new N900? is this a some kind of MI?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, get it If the price is right for you. We can't blame n900 for faulty behavior. A smart phone is never smarter than its owner...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-09 at 16:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Last real new N900s were at Newegg but quickly sold out months ago AFAIK.
Buying used is always a crapshoot with the USB port issue but I got one in really good shape about a 16 months ago.
I would always avoid the so caled "new" Hong Kong/China N900s. Search the forums; it seems that they take a broken N900 put the functional guts inside a fresh new plastic case, do some nasty repairs and sling it out on eBay for about $200. Every one I know of has had the old apps and user data on it, my Hong Kong N900 couldn't reinstall corrupted apps as the / was partly corrupted, it bricked when I flashed it, won't go into flash mode anymore.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
i bought mine early in the summer for 100$ everything was good except the magnet under the screen . And i just need new screws .

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No, get it If the price is right for you. We can't blame n900 for faulty behavior. A smart phone is never smarter than its owner...
I think there is a missunderstanding here. I'm know N900 is a great phone, that's why I'm looking to buy one. But after a little more than two year this device was released, few online stores claim to have 'new brand'...Users who have buyed one of this kind were dissapointed because all of what I have indicated at beginning of this post... that's why I'm afraid when I'm close to push the "check out" button on few store online...

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
bought mine for about 205$ a year ago and it was like brand new without any problem. and its still working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
:
I would always avoid the so caled "new" Hong Kong/China N900s. Search the forums; it seems that they take a broken N900 put the functional guts inside a fresh new plastic case, do some nasty repairs and sling it out on eBay for about $200.
Register on AliExpress - he Chinese trading site. Then you can with some vendors pay for "samples" with Paypal - or use their own. Both offer you full refund should what you buy not be delivered or not work as specified. Alibaba is the interface between western wholesale sellers and operator stores, "Aliexpress" has been made because so many asked for samples. They sell new N9 and N900, the N900 for around $160 and then you have to pay for transport, packing and delivery - and local customs. The site warrants the payment. If you doubt, drop the seller an email and ask them if they can arrange for Paypal payment.
They have new handset from old production, where around 5% of the production are rejected in QA/QC. Most of these "rejects" had silly errors, like a bad battery. This is bonus right to the factories: The better quality, the fewer rejects, and the more of the 5% extra produced can be sold.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
At least in the UK you can still buy a new N900 from places like Amazon or Play.com. I bought two used ones on eBay, together for half the price of a new one, and both work fine except the magnet as myname24 mentions. But that's an easy fix...

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
@pichlo. yes used N900's are now available for very low price. here in my country Pakistan, you will get a n900 in working condition without any problem for about 115$ i.e 11000 PKR. N900 is the best device anyone will ever use.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
In Poland there are shops which sell so called new n900 but I wouldn't believe in it, these cost 200$. There is one priced at 500$ but they say it's a replacement from Nokia so it's probably a refurbished one.