Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
@nodevel I managed to implement it correctly, pushed the changes to GitHub, if you wanna test you can built yourself

@magullo yes, but only when it is stable and out of beta, which means long way to go. Also, AFAIK, harbour doesn't provide the download statistics yet, so really no incentive to publish to harbour for now.

@parasemic emulator does not support landscape yet, so I can't test and enable it for now. You can manually enable it by editing the QML file though (see here).

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Hi - thanks for this app - I use it almost every day!

I'm not sure if there is still ongoing development, but I have two suggestions / feature requests which I think would be great if they could be included with the next update:

1) Fix image zoom - I think this used to work, but it broke with the Sailfish OS update to Qt 5.2.

2) Support for 'gifv' playback, currently an error message is shown when selecting a imgur link to a 'gifv' file, and it has to be opened in a browser to view it. It would be great to get playback directly in the app, but another workaround would be to just automatically modify the link to strip off the trailing 'v', and load the normal (but larger) 'gif' version instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
1) Fix image zoom - I think this used to work, but it broke with the Sailfish OS update to Qt 5.2.
You can either do the three finger workaround (just place third finger and then zoom, bit wonky but works), or edit /usr/share/harbour-quickddit/qml/ImageViewPage.qml file, after NumberAnimation definition in PinchArea (around line 180 for me) add:
Code:
            Rectangle {
                opacity: 0.0
                anchors.fill: parent
            }
This fixes it for good

(based on this commit by veskuh that fixed tweetian: https://github.com/veskuh/Tweetian/c...77e2483f735113)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
This fixes it for good
Thanks! That did the trick!

I created a pull request with this patch in too: https://github.com/dicksonleong/Quickddit/pull/12

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Unfortunately I still not able to get a Jolla here (Malaysia). I like SailfishOS but I really don't have that much of interest to continue develop an app for a device I don't own. So I apologise for all the users who used my apps and waiting for an update.

Luckily, Quickddit at its current state is still pretty usable with all those basic functions implemented. Maybe someday other developer can take over this project... (remember it is open source!)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Unfortunately I still not able to get a Jolla here (Malaysia). I like SailfishOS but I really don't have that much of interest to continue develop an app for a device I don't own. So I apologise for all the users who used my apps and waiting for an update.

Luckily, Quickddit at its current state is still pretty usable with all those basic functions implemented. Maybe someday other developer can take over this project... (remember it is open source!)
I am speechless - I didn't even imagine that the author of the most feature-complete app on SailfishOS is not even a Jolla owner.

What about setting up a crowdfunding campaign? It worked well for other developers and I think you could be then able to get one from India or EU (using some TMO user or re-shipping services).

I don't really miss any functionality in Quickddit, but it's a shame you had to develop it without a device, using only the SDK. Thank you again for such a great app!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
It is a shame, but things might get better in near future:
Code:
On Thu Apr 16 07:27:46 2015 GMT+0200, Karl Granström wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> We are still working hard on it but the tablet support work has been eating our resources from this area. But some good news is that we are planing to launch the donation support in Store in really near future.
> 
> Br,
> Karl
Then again the app itself could have donate option even without store support for it (or maybe offer a donation drive, list some features and let people donate for the ones they lack most and every milestone from donations reached implement it? would chip in a tenner for 'hide' of junk comment branches, luckily scrolling got a lot smoother in last update)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
My trainer always told me that "someday, is not a day of the week".

But was just that day (Monday 27, my birthday) that I found your app.

Really interesting, indeed I already made a fork in github (I'm sure you'll notice it), and well...

I'm studying the code to improve the app and continue it in my way

Ofc, still opensource and will mantain credit to your self.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustDevZero For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I haven't posted here (much) but I've been a happy user of the N900, N9 and now the Jolla phone. I came across the wonderful Quickddit app made by dicksonleong and to my horror I found out he's not maintaining it anymore!

So I decided to pick up development, primarily for the Jolla, since that's my main phone, but also for the N9 because I still have one lying around and porting most features is not too much extra work.

I've just made a new release, 0.4.0, that adds the following features:
* Load more comments feature implemented
* Show author in italics when it has special status (submitter, admin, moderator)
* show link flair
* focus TextArea automatically in TextAreaDialog
* fix UI link voting in comments page
* links are now colored according to theme

I've published my version here on OpenRepos

Edit: when installing the new version, you'll have to log in again because the app (of course) has a different reddit oauth client ID

Last edited by accumulator; 2015-06-22 at 09:36.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for picking this up! Link coloring was the single most annoying thing for me, you just made my experience a whole lot better Kudos to you, good sir, keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post: