Notices

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Saturn, I have finally tried out swappolube, and find that it doesn't store the settings to /etc/event.d/tuning for me. I first tested swappiness 30 and cache pressure 50, opened again swappolube, selected the two values I had changed before, pressed "Store", but the tuning file just reads
Code:
description "N900 tuning"
author "swappolube editor"

console output

start on started hildon-desktop

script
end script
I'm using version 0.2.0-3.

Btw, if I select "Delete Tunings", the tuning file is still there. Is that how it should be (it's anyway rather empty for me).

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-10-10 at 19:27.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Saturn, I have finally tried out swappolube, and find that it doesn't store the settings to /etc/event.d/tuning for me. I first tested swappiness 30 and cache pressure 50, opened again swappolube, selected the two values I had changed before, pressed "Store", but the tuning file just reads
Code:
description "N900 tuning"
author "swappolube editor"

console output

start on started hildon-desktop

script
end script
I'm using version 0.2.0-3.

Btw, if I select "Delete Tunings", the tuning file is still there. Is that how it should be (it's anyway rather empty for me).
Thanks for testing.

some questions.
- do you have rootsh installed?
- did you install the nogui version?
- if you delete manually the tuning file and then open the application and store, will it create a new tuning file?
- did you tick the checkboxes of the options you wanted to store?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
some questions.
- do you have rootsh installed?
- did you install the nogui version?
- if you delete manually the tuning file and then open the application and store, will it create a new tuning file?
- did you tick the checkboxes of the options you wanted to store?
Rootsh is installed, but I'm not sure any longer whether I had the nogui version installed and deinstalled before installing swappolube.

After manually deleting the tuning file, swappolube did write a correct tuning file, but only once. Clicking on "Delete Tunings" does not remove it, and also further changes on the settings are not stored.

And yes, I did tick the checkboxes.

EDIT: I've now upgraded to the extras-devel version, and with that I don't have the above problems. So I'd be in favor of promoting the new version to testing!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-10-10 at 20:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Rootsh is installed, but I'm not sure any longer whether I had the nogui version installed and deinstalled before installing swappolube.

After manually deleting the tuning file, swappolube did write a correct tuning file, but only once. Clicking on "Delete Tunings" does not remove it, and also further changes on the settings are not stored.

And yes, I did tick the checkboxes.

EDIT: I've now upgraded to the extras-devel version, and with that I don't have the above problems. So I'd be in favor of promoting the new version to testing!
Don't really have a clue what went wrong in your case and the previous version.

Thanks for your feedback on the new version, I'll wait a couple more users to give the ok and will promote.

there are two in repos....so which one is original?? and it conflicting each other...which one i have to install??

CasTTeLLo

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
there are two in repos....so which one is original?? and it conflicting each other...which one i have to install??
Other one is swappo with gui and other one is without. They rule eachother out.

The Following User Says Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
If you want to tinker with the settings, install SwappoLubeGUI

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
question...: i just installed the GUI version. select the proposed and applied it. then tried to open it again then i have this message the current is loaded... and the proposed i applied is not applied?

i hope im making sense here... but why is it everytme i open the swappalube even if i already applied the proposed still i dont know if it was applied?

isnt it when you apply the proposed that will be the current one because its loaded? im i making sense?

and what about if i reboot the phone when the proposed is applied? will the proposed settings will still load?

thanks... great tweak BTW...

Last edited by iceman600; 2010-10-21 at 03:48.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
yeh that happened when I tried it... so i stuck with non GUI version

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The file which executes swappolube mods at boot time is /etc/event.d/tuning - if this file is absent, you are sure that no mods are active.
Couldn't you see through the "top" command in xterm which processes are keeping your cpu active?

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning