Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
The easiest method (although it takes time to initially install) is to install Easy Debian. Then in a terminal (while bluemaemo is open in the background) do

Code:
fixkbdfocus bluemaemo
then it should start working. The symbols are not mapped correctly but typing most things works.

You can even create a bluemaemo shortcut which does this step automatically.
Thanks a lot, it works ! I already have Easy Debian. Now I can choose to use my N810 or N900 as keyboard & mouse for the Asus Transformer.

I cited your solution in Introducing BlueMaemo topic.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-02-03 at 02:59.

I'm guessing you previously tried pairing the other way? So, deleting the Note from your N900, turning bluetooth on on the Note and connecting via the N900 in bluemaemo (not outside it), what happened in that case? Is that the scenario where it just didn't respond?
That method wont even connect at all. The n900 sees the note but just wont connect to it or anything. I have to scan for devices on the note before anything at all will happen. I've just tried exiting from the 'waiting for connection screen' and connected after the pairing happened and it LOOKS like it should be working but there's no mouse pointer and nothing happens on the keyboard. Same thing as before with the options on the bluetooth devices. There is the 'pair and connect to HID devices' but it will not allow itself to be ticked.

I can only hope that when the ICS update happens it might work then.

For all whom tried or didn't try the samsung galaxy note :

Are you sure that it's screen is capacitive? If it is capacitive then why didn't they state that at the official samsung website? and if capacitive then how does the pen works on it?

When you press the galaxy note's screen does it press down like the nokia n900 resistive screen or is it solid hard like capacitive screens?

Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post

Are you sure that it's screen is capacitive? If it is capacitive then why didn't they state that at the official samsung website? and if capacitive then how does the pen works on it?

When you press the galaxy note's screen does it press down like the nokia n900 resistive screen or is it solid hard like capacitive screens?
Yes, it's capacitive but it has a Wacom active digitizer layer with pressure sensitivity. The screen does not press down like the N900. For a simple explanation of touchscreen displays:

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~moo...read/read4.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Yes, it's capacitive but it has a Wacom active digitizer layer with pressure sensitivity. The screen does not press down like the N900. For a simple explanation of touchscreen displays:

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~moo...read/read4.pdf
Now that's a convincing explanation.. You convinced me now! Thanks!
I kind of didn't beleive that this phone is capacitive...

btw do you have a samsung galaxy note?

Last edited by Virtuality; 2012-02-16 at 17:22.

Now that's a convincing explanation.. You convinced me now! Thanks!
I kind of didn't beleive that this phone is capacitive...

btw do you have a samsung galaxy note?
Unfortunately no, I don't.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

It feels 100% identical to how an iPhone or any other capacitive glass touch screen feels like. There is no gel/plastic feel to the front glass what-so-ever. So yeah, it's 100% glass screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
ok, so after a couple of hours of play:

- grooveshark: the free version is crippled, booo! I also noticed that there are some very minor glitches in playback when its running in the background in the native browser via the full desktop Grooveshark site (just a very slight pop or click as another internet related action is being performed. Again, nothign to complain about).
How did you manage to load Grooveshark from native browser? It leads me directly to the mobile website and I'm unable to find the desktop option as in Opera.

Last edited by Musta susi; 2012-02-29 at 15:05.

I hadn't used GS for a while. Just tried and it doesn't give access to the full desktop site any more, it forces you down the mobile app route. However if you go to http://www.html5.grooveshark.com in the native browser you can still get access to non-crippled track playback (for now at least). HTH.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2012-03-01 at 08:25.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I've found an app that allows to force rotate any application, including the Touchwiz launcher and several video streaming apps that insisted to work in landscape mode only counterclockwise.

Now I can operate my Note even upside-down. Why, you ask? Well, in an Iphon-esque way, the antenna is on the bottom side, near the buttons, and when I'm in an area with low signal, my hand interferes with it and 3g stops working. When upside-down antenna goes far from hand and data flow gets unhindered and faster!

The app is https://market.android.com/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate

Last edited by debernardis; 2012-03-01 at 17:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, galaxy note