Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Via "Report This" and private messages, pelago has demonstrated a strong interest in merging and moving threads to prevent fragmentation of discussion. Should he be willing, I'd support his promotion to moderator.

Also, I feel RevdKathy would make an excellent moderator, should she be willing.
I pre-empt Kathy feeling a bit "sheepish" after being nominated - but agree also - sensible people for moderators i say!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I agree. And i realize now that being mod of just N900 or just Maemo 5 is somewhat limiting because of the crosstalk there, so getting someone mod privileges in both who can merge threads between them would be great.
Yes, I think any mod of a hardware forum should also be a mod of the corresponding OS forum(s). From what I've seen, pushing threads in N900 that aren't N900-hardware-specific or N900-overall-experience-reviews to Maemo 5 could be almost a full time job.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
I'd like to offer my candidacy in the N900 and Fremantle forums (and Applications, but there are already two moderators there), but not quite sure if I meet the 1 year criteria exactly.

1 year around, to proof that you have a good perspective.

I've been an "active lurker" ever since I got my N800 two and a half years ago, but only started posting since January 2nd, 2010. I have a pretty good understanding of how the community works (both in and out of talk.maemo.org), and the changes in trends inside the forums. Most of my contributions follow the Maemo Greeter ideals.

- 250 posts, enough to tell that you know how a poster feels like.

~389 Posts as of June 1, 2010.

- 100 Thanks received, so you somehow proof that you have support from a bunch of readers.

107 Thanks as of June 1, 2010, also, a video I posted (with a link here in the forums) got 305 views in about 12 hours.

- A plan. Why do you want to become a moderator.

I've noticed a subtle change in attitude in the forums towards hostility lately, and I would like to help curb it; especially since much of this hostility is towards Moderating methods. I'd take a calm and reasonable approach, and explain my actions when/where necessary. Water doesn't always work on fires.

- Visible activity and experience in the area or task you want moderate.

Most of my posts go to the Fremantle and N900 forums, with the occasional post in Applications. I try to help people to the extent of my knowledge, but if I don't know about a certain subject, I refer them to another t.m.o user, or other documentation (wiki, old threads, etc.).

I try to bring threads that have turned into flame wars or off-topic discussions back to the original purpose of the thread, if it is still relevant (not solved, new related problem, etc.).

Thanks for your consideration - Andy
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-01 at 23:06.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
-Bump-

It seems this is the right place to apply for moderator status, but I take it there isn't a need for another moderator at the moment?
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
-Bump-

It seems this is the right place to apply for moderator status, but I take it there isn't a need for another moderator at the moment?
Reggie is the only one who can promote people to moderator. I can only wish you luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Reggie,

I lost my moderator status, was this planned?

Cheers,

Simon

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Reggie,

I lost my moderator status, was this planned?

Cheers,

Simon
It was associated with your former front page picture status.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Nice one

Newly appointed moderator:

xomm: Applications, Nokia N900, and Maemo 5 / Fremantle

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Reggie,

Could I be re-moderatorated? I seem to have lost my powers.

If not, not to worry, though I would appreciate knowing why they were removed.

Cheers,

Simon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:

Tags