Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
After spending hours getting WPA-Enterprise to work in the first place one of the things that bugged me to no end was that the WPA network would not stay connected or auto-connect despite my best efforts. I could scan and select the network, but it would never auto-associate.

After searching and finding nothing I finally posted a bug report when I noticed that Diablo still had the problem.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3399

This is a feature. WPA-Enterprise networks are excluded from automatic connections because with some configurations user action might be required.
While I appreciate the idea of security, there are a number of flaws in this reply.

1) If they are forcing user interaction anyways, why save the credentials like every other network?

2) There is no documentation that this on type of WiFi will not work like all others?

3) Any network might require user interaction, so why auto-connect to any of them?

No that I expect that they will change the software, but at least if it's documented here I might save someone else from the hassle of tracking down this problem.

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
the WPA network would not stay connected or auto-connect despite my best efforts.
It really bugs me too, because it gets stuck in this mode and drains the battery fast. If I've just been to a public WiFi place and come back in the office, and if I forget to switch to WPA manually, the battery will get low in no time, very annoying.

Does anyone see the same problem?