Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
fcam and BlessN900 conflict IIRC, uninstall one of them using
Code:
apt-get purge
to clean the system entirely of any traces and reboot.
That's been false for a really long time (unless the updates never made their way down to testing/extras, but I'm very sure they did.)

BlessN900 conflicted with FCam only right after FCam came out, when BlessN900 was using different drivers/code (not sure what exactly). Then BlessN900 was updated to use the FCam drivers, and since then they've been able to coexist.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
wouldn't it be awesome if there was a keystroke for AUTOMATIC REFLASH e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Delete+Delete.

So quick and easy.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
I agree with Mentalist Traceur..

BlessN900 & FCam should not be the reason for this mess up...

They have been sorted out a long time back and work fine now...

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
wouldn't it be awesome if there was a keystroke for AUTOMATIC REFLASH e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Delete+Delete.

So quick and easy.
A quick and easy way to get fifty threads weekly of people crying "help I accidentally use the auto reflash feature, how do I fix?" with descriptive and poetic titles such as "help plz", "OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA BLOW UP IF YOU DON'T HELP ME NOW", and "Nokia you suck".

There's enough of that already. A good self-reflashing program that can be run from on-board the device would be lovely, but having it on by default and within reach of a mere couple of key presses... Dear god.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
no battery fully charged, it was weird because i had that strange layout with the initial add date/time/location (the screen you get to when you have removed battery for a bit) then i installed the wrong fcam drivers and the screen sorted itself out even if it was red lol
then i tracked down a earlier fcam driver and installed that via xterm along with blessn900 all working perfectly.
texting today and that came up with with the pick in original post
so thought pull the battery and the initial screen came up but with no images and all white but icons still pressed and functioned just as boxes.
the texting screen seems to be ok since pulling battery but the other screen is still messed up?

3 fingered salute would be brilliant lol joking aside i reflashed about 2 weeks ago and could only flash root after removing power46

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-03-23 at 20:21.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Any overclocking / undervolting going on? If so, go back to stock settings, see if that helps.

sudo kernel-config load lv
sudo kernel-config limits 250 850

i don't have it permanently clocked, i use queen beecon to overclock to the above profile after i've rebooted.

if i remove fcam driver and bless900 i would get my date/time screen back to normal tbh though being able to use bless900 outways the messed up date/time just wondered if there was a work around.