Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Great work. I like the stock media player and use it for playing radio programs I download, but there are a couple of minor things that bug me that maybe you can fix in your version. I'd like to be able to delete files directly from the recently played playlist and I occasionally accidentally set a file as my ringtone, so it would be great to have a confirmation on this.

And a bug, seeking doesn't work with my bluetooth headset (obviously this does work on the stock media player) the other bluetooth controls work fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Another bug: When the length of the song title or album exceeds half the screen, it goes under the album art, instead of text wrapping on its half of the screen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Amazing work (as usual), MAG!
A bug I found: I usualy listen to long mixes, and I noticed, that OMP does not handle songs correctly, if they are longer than 1 hour, seekbar is messed up in these cases, and time (both played, remaining and total) shows incorrectly.
Also, if Central European accented characters are present in a song's ID3 tag, they will show up as empty spaces in the playlist and will not play, instead OMP will start playing the first song in the playlist.

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-04-14 at 22:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
A bug: When in portrait mode at the Now Playing screen, if you try to go back, pressing the back button does nothing. Then the "x" button comes up and pressing that takes you to the list of all the songs. For some reason, when you select a new song to play from this list, three Media Player windows are open:

Maybe clicking on a song from the list opens up the song in both the stock player and OMP, leading to 3 windows opening?

Going back to one of the windows creates flickers in the screens of the Media Player windows (they are trying to sync?)
I can confirm the multiple windows bug. It appears to manifest when you press the song title more than once when selecting a track. One press is enough to make it play, but if there is a lag between track selection and playback, you're inclined to press again.

Oh I can also confirm the lack of a desktop shortcut, but that is a minor issue.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Oh I can also confirm the lack of a desktop shortcut, but that is a minor issue.
Code:
sudo gainroot
chmod +x install_mediaplayer.sh
./install_mediaplayer.sh --desktop-file
> add OMP shortcut

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Fixed the multiple now playing windows (not uploaded yet though).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
A thing I noticed is that the music from OMP stops to play the text tone, when a text comes in, then resumes music playback.

If you can remember, the stock media player did this (before PR 1.2 i think), but I just tried it with the stock media player and it doesnt stop the music (i assume Nokia fixed this bug). It just vibrates twice while the music is still playing

The Following User Says Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
This is the libplayback policy system I mentioned on the first page, docs are quite crappy for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
metallica rock nuff said

awesome, cant wait to test it. i just asked about release date yesterday

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse