Active Topics

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Apparently a small bug: I cannot get Phone to be the first application in its folder. I can add it, and then quite the application. As soon as I add another app, Phone is second even though I added it first.

EDIT. Ok so I've found the source of the problem. Apparently Meefolders is now adding icons to app folders in alphabetical order - it wasn't doing that before. In earlier versions I could decide the order myself according to the order I added icons to a folder.

Edit2. So looking back at the thread it appears alphabetical order for icons may in fact be intentional, not a bug. I (and maybe others) had requested alphabetical order for icons in the add icon to a folder screen - but not the app folder screens themselves. I much prefer to be able to control the order myself as in previous versions where the order of adding determined the order. Can we have the old behaviour back for the folder app icons?

Last edited by noetus; 2011-12-29 at 22:51.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
The order you select is used. The add list is shown in alphabetical order, but you can select first an icon starting with 'z' and then another with 'a', for example.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
The order you select is used. The add list is shown in alphabetical order, but you can select first an icon starting with 'z' and then another with 'a', for example.
That may be correct but there are still some situations when the order is changed to be alphabetical. Here is a screenshot of an app folder I made:

I edited it to change the name (new feature in 0.0.5) and this is how it looks now:

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I edited it to change the name (new feature in 0.0.5) and this is how it looks now:
I have not tried renaming the folder. And I was wanting to sort all icons inside a folder, so now I can do this by renaming the folder. Thanks !
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Do you plan to upload this to ovi store ?

Tags
folders, organise