Active Topics

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You should definitely not format ALT_OS partition on windows!
The reason for that; MOSLO partitioning (or ubiboot partitioning, does not matter) creates an ext4fs filesystem on the partition. Windows knows nothing about this and wants to make it FAT or NTFS which are not suitable for running SailfishOS on.

If you format it in windows you fill fail the OS extraction step.
Hi Juice me....thanks for the clarification....yup I have manage to get it done....am now enjoying the new life on my N9....thanks to your great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to arsaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I wonder why if there is a simple way to change the partitionning done by Moslo to not lose 2.1 GB with a useless partition.

Any idea?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi,
I wonder why if there is a simple way to change the partitionning done by Moslo to not lose 2.1 GB with a useless partition.

Any idea?
Please elaborate, I do not remember the partitioning leaving unused space? (might be I remember wrong, though...?)

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Hi folks!

I Appreciate the work you guys have been doing to bring Sailfish OS to N9/N950. I’ve been testing Sailfish on my N9 for a week now and though it’s far from ready I was surprised on well it works.

Some remarks on the bugs that have been found:

1) I posted an issue in the bug tracker about the crackling sounds.

2) The artefacts in the Email application are not application specific. I’ve gotten them also in store application (see issue #4).

3) The gestures in the Map-application are also broken (see GitHub issue #3).

4) @mikecomputing,Pulzar,henry91: Do you still get random disconnects with WiFi? I haven’t tested it in a while since I’ve been using the mobile data connection instead.

5)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I've upgraded to 1.0.1.10, battery indicator now works on N950 Swipes still rotated though.
Did you really get battery indicator working? Because it seems no one else was able to do this.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Please elaborate, I do not remember the partitioning leaving unused space? (might be I remember wrong, though...?)
My mistake. But the main point is the flash space is divided into 4 small partitions (on a 16 GB device), so it's not easy to, let's say, store music which need more than a single partition storage area.

But no worry, let's hope will be able to get rif off harmattan soon and run only one Sailfish partition ("you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one")

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
HI all : i trying to run sailfish on my n9 but when i type "mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /sailfish"in windows , i get error no such file or dirctory , the file mmcblk0p4 is not in /dev .
i try to reboot and select sailfish icon but not boot becuse kernel .
please help

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Windows guys why don't you simply install Ubuntu or Debian? Your whole life will become much easier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
Hi folks!

I Appreciate the work you guys have been doing to bring Sailfish OS to N9/N950. I’ve been testing Sailfish on my N9 for a week now and though it’s far from ready I was surprised on well it works.

Some remarks on the bugs that have been found:

1) I posted an issue in the bug tracker about the crackling sounds.

2) The artefacts in the Email application are not application specific. I’ve gotten them also in store application (see issue #4).

3) The gestures in the Map-application are also broken (see GitHub issue #3).

4) @mikecomputing,Pulzar,henry91: Do you still get random disconnects with WiFi? I haven’t tested it in a while since I’ve been using the mobile data connection instead.

5)

Did you really get battery indicator working? Because it seems no one else was able to do this.
No, check what coderus was writing. It looked working at first.

Originally Posted by milad ghusn View Post
HI all : i trying to run sailfish on my n9 but when i type "mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /sailfish"in windows , i get error no such file or dirctory , the file mmcblk0p4 is not in /dev .
i try to reboot and select sailfish icon but not boot becuse kernel .
please help
You do that in root terminal on harmattan.

Launch Terminal on Harmattan (or SSH in) any type the following commands:
devel-su
rootme # Or your root password
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
ls # Here, you should see all your MyDocs and sailfish.tar.bz2

mkdir /sailfish # Mount Alt_OS in Harmattan
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /sailfish

tar --numeric-owner -xvjf sailfish.tar.bz2 -C /sailfish/ # This will take a while as it extracts Sailfish onto the handset
sync

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
You do that in root terminal on harmattan.
yes in harmattan

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish