Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
Thanks for testing!
Could you please send me the database file in /home/user/.config/Katastrophos Labs/quasar/quasar.sqlite3 to quasarmx@katastrophos.net (big files are okay). This file should help shed a light on why you have duplicates in your playlist.
Sent.

QuasarMX is very conservative in requesting new connections as I personally find it really annoying when applications constantly ask for internet connections (e.g. Nokia's Mail App)
Good thinking there. Just please make it connect when it is really necessary (e.g. by "Download all covers" or last.fm "Submit") and it will work just fine.

Should work out of the box. It looks for image files in the same directory that the music file is in.
Nada, doesn't work. Is there any specific format of the image files? tried cover.jpg and <albumname>.jpg. Both didn't work.

Just today I also noticed another issue. There is a problem with horizontal (so 'landscape' view when the phone is turned to the side and works horizontally). If e.g. playback option number 4 is selected (so the view of the single track with huge album cover, 4th from the left) in vertical view, so the phone is in its default position but then is rotated to horizontal view, the view is switched to another view, but not the one previously selected in the vertical setting. Then again, if the phone is turned vertically again, yet another view kicks in.

I hope you get what I mean. I play a file using the 4th view, then I put my phone horizontally and the view changes to the 'full playlist' view (the 3rd view from the left). Then again, if I turn the phone vertically again, it does not go back to the 4th view but rather to the 5th view (so the i letter in a box).

Quite weird. Screenshots below. BTW, you can notice all items listed twice under playlist view.

Step 1: Vertical view

step 2: turning the phone to the side

step 3: turning the phone back to vertical position

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-04 at 12:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Good thinking there. Just please make it connect when it is really necessary (e.g. by "Download all covers" or last.fm "Submit") and it will work just fine.
Actually, the issue seems to be the player's inability to properly detect if it's online or not. For example, the player starts when no connection to a WLAN is established = it works only in offline mode. Connecting to a WLAN after the player was started does not help. The player reports to be in offline mode without any change (e.g. under the last.fm tab in regard to queued tracks submitting). I have to restart the player so it can actually detect a WLAN connection is on.

There is no problem with the player detecting offline state,though, so e.g. I switch the player on when a WLAN is connected -> the player correctly detects it's online -> the WLAN connection is dropped -> the player correctly detects it's now offline. In other words, it works one way, and doesn't work the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
One word only, is what I've got for you: Nice! Very nice!

i am gonna wait for fremantle version and between lovely outlook of this app ,i really wish to use this app but since i have got maemo device i prefer waiting.
one Request ,whenever u make that app for maemo pls add that little switch option into the main menu ,it would be cool to have it all like n9 Qt cute app. nice

Thanks much for the app, it's solid. How is gapless playback currently prioritized as a feature? That's all I need on this and I will be quite happy to make it my primary player (since all other music apps, inclduing stock, neglect gapless on the N9). Good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Thanks so much for this player! Looks awesome.

For N900 soon

Don't go and do an Instinctiv on us guys

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Sent.
Thanks for sending the DB. I checked it and it seems QuasarMX got something wrong while initially scanning for the correct location of the "Music" folder. Due to a fallback option, it now recursively scans your home directory. The problem is that the same music files are actually in two sub-trees:

1. /home/user/.obex-root/Data/Music/
2. /home/user/MyDocs/Music/

My guess without having checked in detail is that Nokia binds /home/user/MyDocs/Music/ to /home/user/.obex-root/Data/Music/ to make it available for Bluetooth file transfers. This problem should be fixed in Beta 2.

Nada, doesn't work. Is there any specific format of the image files? tried cover.jpg and <albumname>.jpg. Both didn't work.
Alright, just checked the code again and it sure is a bug. I probably introduced it while porting the core codebase from Qt 3 to Qt 4 earlier last year, meh. Should be fixed in Beta 2.

Just today I also noticed another issue. There is a problem with horizontal (so 'landscape' view when the phone is turned to the side and works horizontally).
Yes, this is a known problem. Actually it is hard to fix and might as well be a bug in Qt Quick's ListView, but I still need to investigate. It is on my bug list.

I hope to have Beta 2 ready by sunday night. Taking the whole weekend to refine and polish QuasarMX.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Don't go and do an Instinctiv on us guys
What happened to Instinctiv? Have not followed these guys recently.
If it is about dropping support, well no. I have been doing Quasar Media Player since the good old Zaurus days (2005) and have ported it to every device I have owned since then. This is about scratching my itch and "dogfooding" it every day. QuasarMX is just a new incarnation with a more refined user interface.

Last edited by evilJazz; 2012-01-06 at 00:14.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Thanks much for the app, it's solid. How is gapless playback currently prioritized as a feature? That's all I need on this and I will be quite happy to make it my primary player (since all other music apps, inclduing stock, neglect gapless on the N9). Good work.
Gapless playback will be there eventually. Similar to the Equalizer feature it might not be in version 1.0 as I do not want to rush it. Good things take time, sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx