Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Thank you for giving me the warning NOW, you would be on my BS list for 5 seconds .

I did it under personal menu, so I probably missed the warning. Oh well, I finished recovering from my own stupidity, and all is well now, a total of 47 min of my life.

Well, epocrates is up and running, even on my 770/2008He. No, they sync with the epocrates web server, not your linux box yet.
To get epocrates: go to their website, open a brand new account, FREE, and choose palmOS and wireless install. Your old account will dl a version that search for SD disk and fail. The new account registration will get a link, you have to dl to a palm or any palm device, Treo. and transfer the install file to your tablet. You need your account username and password to do the installation.

Post back if questions,

bun
Thanks for the help Bun!! ePocrates is up and running great!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
But the epocrates software is NOT free after a trial period, correct?

What I DON'T like about the Palm software is that so little of it seems to be free.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
But the epocrates software is NOT free after a trial period, correct?

What I DON'T like about the Palm software is that so little of it seems to be free.
No no no basic ePocrates Rx is and stays free. There is also a paid version that gives you more reference materials and calculators and such.

You still get quite a bit with the free ePocrates Rx - all the drugs, and some algorithms and a few calculators.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
[snip]
Does anybody know of a way to hotsync with a Linux box?
[snip]
Jpilot is part of the answer. Jpilot provides a desktop PIM that can be synced with a Palm. Pilot-Link provides the conduit between a Palm and a Linux (or Win) box. I've used it for years with my T3 and before that with my Palm 5; however, I haven't tried to sync any of my N810 Palm installations.

On the other hand, I would guess that Jpilot and Pilot-Link may be bundled in some distributions.

I have tried and been unable to launch the VM into Landscape Fullscreen start mode. Is it possible to boot from the command prompt into this start mode? The -f, -O and screensize options don't seem to do anything. Appreciate any suggestions.
-JD

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by job4031 View Post
I have tried and been unable to launch the VM into Landscape Fullscreen start mode. Is it possible to boot from the command prompt into this start mode? The -f, -O and screensize options don't seem to do anything. Appreciate any suggestions.
-JD
If I understand you correctly, you want NOT to rotate the NIT (i.e. the NIT screen is 800x480 and GVM is 320x480 centered on screen with blank spaces left and right) when launched from the command line?
Code:
/usr/bin/gvm/gvm --rotated=no

Not to hijack thread but a discussion of free medical apps must include medcalc which is small but with lots of formulas (80+) and now works. I am trying to install epocrates now. Took a while to get the setup.prc My treo hasn't been used for months and the data contract is out of date so I used the firefox user agent switcher and switched my browser to blazer which let me download the file to copy to my N800. Seems to be working 25 minutes to go just hope there is enough free space.

The Following User Says Thank You to imtab For This Useful Post:
terrencegf, thanks for the help. I was thinking that landscape was the rotated view, didn't think to set rotate to no. Using this with Personal Menu, being able to hotsync with Missing Sync has now allowed me to use Palm Pims on my N800!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Abbots Langley, UK
Still trying to get the datebook application to launch from personal menu in portrait full screen mode. Only option I managed to get working is the rotated option, tried screensize but no luck etc. GVM help file lists the options such as --fullscreen=yes|no but the /usr/bin/gvm/gvm.conf has options like fullscreen=false.

Has anyone tried the GVM with diablo yet?

Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Still trying to get the datebook application to launch from personal menu in portrait full screen mode. Only option I managed to get working is the rotated option, tried screensize but no luck etc. GVM help file lists the options such as --fullscreen=yes|no but the /usr/bin/gvm/gvm.conf has options like fullscreen=false.

Has anyone tried the GVM with diablo yet?
Try:
Code:
usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a date -z 1.5
You don't add the description of the option, you add the (usually) single character modifer.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:

Tags
garnet, palm