i want to sync my contacts with mfe (hotmail) instead of my nokia account so i can see the contacts on other devices. It's done for new contacts but i dont seem to be able to change where my old contacts sync to. Can anyone help?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Not possible AFAIK...Its locked to one account...

What you may want to do is export all your contacts from the contacts app by clicking on export contacts in the right context menu and exporting to file...

The contacts are saved in ~/MyDocs/Contacts/

Copy them over to your PC and then upload them to your MfE account...

I think you should also be able to convert all of them to 1 single file called all.vcf by doing on your PC in cmd:

Code:
cd /path/to/copied/contacts
copy *.vcf all.vcf
You can also do this in your phone (terminal as root) first instead of doing on your PC:

Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/Contacts/
cat *.vcf >> all.vcf
You can now upload just all.vcf into hotmail and all your contacts should appear there then just use MfE to sync...

Edit: Added the ">" as mentioned by colin.stephane below. Thanks colin.stephane!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-11 at 08:24.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Not possible AFAIK...Its locked to one account...

What you may want to do is export all your contacts from the contacts app by clicking on export contacts in the right context menu and exporting to file...

The contacts are saved in ~/MyDocs/Contacts/

Copy them over to your PC and then upload them to your MfE account...

I think you should also be able to convert all of them to 1 single file called all.vcf by doing on your PC in cmd:

Code:
cd /path/to/copied/contacts
copy *.vcf all.vcf
You can also do this in your phone (terminal as root) first instead of doing on your PC:

Code:
cat *.vcf > all.vcf
You can now upload just all.vcf into hotmail and all your contacts should appear there then just use MfE to sync...
Hi,

It look like better to use :

Code:
cat *.vcf >> all.vcf
A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post: