Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Learn to link. You can link directly to your message.
Tell us what you have installed
if from testing&devel then use search and learn how to debug your system. Moreover if you have custom kernel or CSSU then maybe itīs not for you.

After 2009 this forum has been filled with tons of information regarding n900 please use it. Then make thread where you list all your problems and tell us why stuff what you have found from forums has not worked and maybe perhaps what you have found after using tools like top, htop.

If you are clueless on finding what you have installed then:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=72

Quite certainly first thing to do on this kind of problems is to remove all widgets.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by slender View Post
if from testing&devel then use search and learn how to debug your system. Moreover if you have custom kernel or CSSU then maybe itīs not for you.

After 2009 this forum has been filled with tons of information regarding n900 please use it. Then make thread where you list all your problems and tell us why stuff what you have found from forums has not worked and maybe perhaps what you have found after using tools like top, htop.

Quite certainly first thing to do on this kind of problems is to remove all widgets.
Shut it Grandad and help the guy out already.

Condescending little mini Dictator. "Learn to link" I'm sure this guy knows all this already but.....

Threads like this are born out of frustration. Perhaps it isn't so easy to perform searches (Touchsearch for instance) on a Nokia Internet Tablet when the Desktop keeps freezing up.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-08-06 at 14:04.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i never got any problem using QBW on my desktop....i have more then 30 QBW running on my 4 desktop....all of them works find even after rebooting or turn off for a few hour....i overclock my device to 805Mhz,use optimize N900 n swappolube....no major problem at all...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
You could try enabling the desktop hardware acceleration.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Originally Posted by slender View Post

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Shut it Grandad and help the guy out already.

Condescending little mini Dictator. "Learn to link" I'm sure this guy knows all this already but.....

Threads like this are born out of frustration. Perhaps it isn't so easy to perform searches (Touchsearch for instance) on a Nokia Internet Tablet when the Desktop keeps freezing up.
@slender, You don't know me and I don't know you so the last thing Im going to do is start a slagging match. Im a electronic enginner with 24 years experiance in what I do.. and if you ask me about it I can quote you pretty direct answers to a solution, what I am not and don't intend to be is a linux super duper wiz walop bing bang boo coder. I like my N900 because its different and it does what I want, not what every other phone on the market does... so if I have a issue Im going to ask questions as I don't code or understand coding to deeply. As you can see by looking at my desktops its not standard I did that with help from the forum and everyone as been great. Your input is in some ways correct and if I had the time to sit and learn to code and all the other stuff Id love to put it all out there for guys like yourself to extract but I don't hence why I asked for help. three words "Learn to link" thats not you say to someone you don't know simply helping or asking if I could debug and put it out their would have given you an answer.

@JamesBond@ge your reply was spot on...infact it was everything that it was and why I made the thread. Ill be increasing your thanks.

Ps removed all qbw and so far my desktop is as fluid as water. fingers crossed ill see how it goes.

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Last edited by Loz; 2011-08-06 at 16:48. Reason: removed some info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
@JamesBond@ge over 24hrs later and not one desktop lockup... seems you hit it just right. thinking about it I really only want the battery level so Ill add that back to main screen and see if thats ok.. so again many thanks things are looking up!!.

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
@JamesBond@ge over 24hrs later and not one desktop lockup... seems you hit it just right. thinking about it I really only want the battery level so Ill add that back to main screen and see if thats ok.. so again many thanks things are looking up!!.

Loz
Ahh good on ya mate. Cheers for letting me know. It kinda confirms for me that what I did was right. It must be about 4 or 5 months for me now that the lockups have stopped.

And I have been able to use Recaller with no problems at all.

It's a shame, because I did like my QBW widgets.

Now if you ask me why the widgets lock the Desktop up, well thats a different story. I'm not a technical bod at all lol.

Keep us posted Loz, you Queen Beacon Widget fugitive you.

Tags
hildon-desktop, queen beacon