Originally Posted by tgrim View Post
I can't get it to sync anything(!).. Is this supposed to work with bluetooth or do I have to connect with usb?
I think USB only. Bluetooth failed for me

I did it on bluetooth - didn't even know it works over USB!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I think USB only. Bluetooth failed for me
HowTo use USB?

connect cables to device and mac and put it in pc suite mode.

Originally Posted by ovjo12 View Post
HowTo use USB?
download the plug in from the nokia website
Plug in my n900
Open iSync
Devices > Add Device or "CMD+N"

The n900 should appear among the possible devices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
With PR 1.2 the notorious Alarm bug is solved. My mobile did even sync some old events, where I forgot to disable the alarm. Great.
Is there any reason to switch to the official Nokia isync plugin or is the plugin from garage fine?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
download the plug in from the nokia website
Plug in my n900
Open iSync
Devices > Add Device or "CMD+N"

The n900 should appear among the possible devices
Whohaaaaaa! Quite happy that iSync support has been sorted!!!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Hi,
I have just received my N900 this week and did have a bit of a hard time settings up iSync, but I've got it working now. I'll shortly give my experiences, firstly because it may help others, and secondly because it gives me a good excuse to ask a few questions.
First of all, it took me quite a while and many increasingly frustrating attempts to add the N900 to iSync until I had figured out that for Bluetooth synching I first need to enable Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking on the N900 by installing bluetooth-dun from Extras.
After that, and after installing the community provided iSync plugin, iSync recognised my N900 just fine and synching works nicely now. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who provided the plugin!
I also tried the official Nokia plugin, but couldn't get it to work. It recognised my phone alright, but gave me an unspecified error during synching.
A couple of questions remain, though:
In the advanced settings tab for the N900 in iSync, 'ignore events prior to' is enabled by default with no way to disable it. Since I like to also have my past events with me, I edited /Library/PhonePlugins/N900iSyncPlugin.phoneplugin/Contents/Resources/MetaClasses.plist with Property List Editor and changed Root->family.com.nokia.n900->Services->Item_1->ServiceProperties->DontSyncEventsPriorToDateIsEnabled.visible to true. This allowed me to deselect the option in iSync. Is there any particular reason this is disabled by default?
Secondly, as I understand it, all the selected iCal calendars get synchronized to only one calendar on the N900 and only events from this calendar get synchronized back to iCal. Is that right? Is there any way to enable more calendars on the N900 to be sync'd back? I don't mind if they all end up in the same calendar on the Mac.
Still, I think I can live fairly well with the present solution, and I want again to thank everyone involved in making iSync work with the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Finally got this to work on an old mac running 10.4! Happy Happy joy joy.

I had to edit and clean up my contact to get it to sync without an error, fyi. The calendar is less important since I don't need them so much on the desktop, but will probably become more useful over time (for me).

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this.

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Western MA, USA
Official N900 isync plugin for pr1.2 and above is now available!

doesn't work for me, but maybe i screwed something up with the DUN related isync workaround...

-bit