Hi guys,

suddenly a bright spot appeared on my display. It is best visible with a bright background, e.g. terminal. I would say it has 1/6 the size of a finger nail, so it is not only a single pixel, but more a real spot. It is simple brighter then the rest of the display.
Anyone an idea what has happened or has the same problem?

ste

chickenpox. usually at a young age of the device.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Hi

I have two of those "chickenpoxes"!
I have not yet asked Nokias opinion about these "spots"...

Originally Posted by Devil View Post
chickenpox. usually at a young age of the device.
Devil: Are resistive touchscreens "new inventions"? I don't think so... but I got the point shouldn't buy yet that "chickenpox device"...

no point at all in my previous post.

i think i have the same spot as you two do. though havnt read it on the forum till now.

I have one such a spot only visible on a white background.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I had 2 on my first device. Swapped it out. I'm a little let down by the screen build quality tbh. At least I'm not as sensitive as the guy who's dealbreaker was 'dead pixels' that you could only see by cycling colors and using a magnifying glass!

my n810 has this, glad my n900 doesn't. its quite annoying, try to see if nokia will swap the screen out for you.

Any idea, what is causing this? Too much pressure on the display? I know that there wasn't any spot at the beginning. Now actually a small second one appeared.

Got this too, it just appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but I have no idea what caused it. The device wasn't dropped or anything like that, the only thing I can think of that may be relevant is that I used it outdoors in relatively low (~ -15C) temperatures a few times (but I can't find any operating temperature specs anywhere).

My spot is thankfully mostly in the window titlebar area so it only gets annoying in full screen mode.

I have two of those spots one bright, and the other one a little less bright.

If it's possible I'm going to send it back for a replacement.

I have the "[Bug 6334] random HW watchdog reboots" on my device as well that is quite annoying.

Last edited by ledde74; 2010-01-03 at 21:17.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I just noticed two brighter spots on my display too and they are visible only on brighter colors.

I need to return my device too. Damn, everything else was working nicely.