Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by knarf View Post
I changed themes to one with a clock background and it solved the problem.
I assumed you had the background turned off, but you used some theme with no background I now read.

Then you could also try to set
Code:
Background=false
in /home/user/.config/worldclock/worldclock.conf
and see if that works with your former theme.

Edit: I can confirm that a missing background will distort the screen when rotation, and setting Background to false in that case will prevent it.
In case of a background, the screen is drawn in a diffent way.

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-08 at 22:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
New versions are available in the opening post.
  • When a clock background is set active and missing, it will now act as if no background is set, to prevent screen distortion
  • The filebrowser to select a custom alarmtone will now resize correctly when rotating from landscape to portrait

Edit:
latest updates:
  • adapted worldclock so it cannot start multiple occurrences of the date/time applet in the worldclock and main screen
  • City list in worldclock section in portrait mode made somewhat larger
  • Added 30 minutes as snooze interval

Last edited by ade; 2012-12-16 at 16:33.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
For people that installed, or are going to install the latest Qt from cssu-devel: please download a new version of the replacement clock from the opening post.

The former replacement clock versions will otherwise stay in landscape mode, due to a false clearing of a windowflag being used (thanks to Arcean for pointing that out).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
if i set a one time alarm and leave the window visible, when i stop the alarm, the screen shows the alarm as active until i exit the alarm clock and enter it again.

Last edited by knarf; 2013-01-15 at 21:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knarf For This Useful Post:
if i set a one time alarm and leave the window visible like in the screenshot then when i stop the alarm, the screen shows the alarm as active until i exit the alarm clock and enter it again.
Hey knarf,

I must say I am aware of this for a long time. Chances that you have that particular window open during an alarm are slim, and most will realize it is related to the current alarm.

Nevertheless I will see if I can do something about it, as long as it does not lead to some complex solution.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
For people that installed, or are going to install the latest Qt from cssu-devel: please download a new version of the replacement clock from the opening post.

The former replacement clock versions will otherwise stay in landscape mode, due to a false clearing of a windowflag being used (thanks to Arcean for pointing that out).
It would be nice to be able to install worldclock form CSSU devel too (for power users of course), this way it would be easier to notice updates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
It would be nice to be able to install worldclock form CSSU devel too (for power users of course), this way it would be easier to notice updates.
I absolutely agree with you.
But when we are talking about CSSU in particular, I do not have any permissions out there.
Like you can see in http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...09-04T20:47:39 , the admin of the CSSU repo (Merlin1991) said he would take care of the packaging. That's more then 4 month ago now, and I have seen no activity on this matter.

You can try to poke Merlin1991 once again. But I am more and more tempted to do my own packaging and put it in extras-devel once it is up and running again.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
@ade: Only debian packaging is missing?? If yes, I can do it without problem in some minutes. Just ping me on IRC.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
if i set a one time alarm and leave the window visible, when i stop the alarm, the screen shows the alarm as active until i exit the alarm clock and enter it again.
Fix: the worldclock alarm list is now updated (when displayed on the screen) as soon as an alarm goes off. The downloads in the first post are updated with a new version.

BTW: you did not have to exit the clock in the old situation, just going back to the main screen and then to the alarmlist would have refreshed the list.

I also can inform you that Pali is now cleaning up some code and will create a deb file after that, what will hopefully end up in some repository soon

Edit::
Pali has done some minor changes and created deb control files.
One of the changes by Pali resulted in not being able to start the "date/time" applet anymore. Pali said he would have a further look at that.

Edit 2: current status:
Pali has fix it again using a workaround. Further deb creation/testing can now be done.

Last edited by ade; 2013-02-05 at 18:56.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
@ade
I feel obliged to report: I`m using thumb version worldclock with date support version since like forever and no problems found (and oh sooo I tried to find one). Nada.

I still hope for it to reach repos - it`s silly how long we are waiting for it and copypasting binary instead.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock