Active Topics

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
The **** would you think that would work?
As someone said, the whole of Harmattan would need to be rebuilt for the OMAP3430. Better to just go and use MeeGo CE as it aims to be a MeeGo-compliant instance.
Hey, calm down and follow the Netiquette

Remember that we are here to share ideas, proposals and try to realize them I was just asking if you already tried that way (just to try, if you have another N900 )

The Following User Says Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Uhm...here we are using the N950 HD libraries in our N900...
we had only to copy and paste the right list of files needed...
[HOWTO]Watch 720p videos on n900
1) The N950's firmware is not Meego, is a Maemo but Meego compliant...
2) The 3530 board is just a 3430 board for smaller distribution.

So, we could try to use the Maemo Kernel to boot Harmattan, not Meego's Kernel (both Community Edition and Harmattan Edition) because of this fact or to find differences between Harmattan Kernel and Kernel-Power, not Meego CE Kernel.
Am I right?

Sadly, I don't have another N900 and the knowledge to try that way and I don't know if it could be done

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2011-09-26 at 14:40.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
"It’s really about ensuring that you have the best possible experience designed for the features on your Nokia N900 device."

biggest bs i've heard since the "osama bin laden" is dead..
he's banned!! not dead!!

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
"It’s really about ensuring that you have the best possible experience designed for the features on your Nokia N900 device."
So, let's show to Nokia how powerfull we are by bringing our PROMISED sistem on our device

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
"osama bin laden" is dead..he's banned!! not dead!!
LOL

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
So, let's show to Nokia how powerfull we are by bringing our PROMISED sistem on our device

LOL
no seriously.. osama bin laden was banned from this website..
http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=55607

and yea.. meego and flash 10.1 is coming to n900.. we all know how that turned out..

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Uhm...here we are using the N950 HD libraries in our N900...
we had only to copy and paste the right list of files needed...
[HOWTO]Watch 720p videos on n900
1) The N950's firmware is not Meego, is a Maemo but Meego compliant...

So, we could try to use the Maemo Kernel to boot Harmattan, not Meego's Kernel (both Community Edition and Harmattan Edition) because of this fact or to find differences between Harmattan Kernel and Kernel-Power, not Meego CE Kernel.
Am I right?

Sadly, I don't have another N900 and the knowledge to try that way and I don't know if it could be done
I tried this first on the N900, and ended up blowing mtd5. And aegis was complaining.

It's a 45nm OMAP 3630 SoC; It has a 1GHz clocked CPU and a 200MHz clocked GPU as opposed to 600MHz and 110MHz. Not sure about DSP, but I think it's the same 430MHz c64x as the 3430.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Improving N9 Meego with Maemo 5 features.

http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/11368

Could someone please upload the content of N950 rootfs/emmc to a uploading site? (like megaupload, rapidshare ecc ecc) I have some ideas in my mind but I cannot extract correctly all the files from the bin files thank you very much

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Could someone please upload the content of N950 rootfs/emmc to a uploading site? (like megaupload, rapidshare ecc ecc) I have some ideas in my mind but I cannot extract correctly all the files from the bin files thank you very much
Geez. On Linux, sudo ./oneclickflasher then go to /tmp, grab the files (flasher and the rootfs file). flasher -u the rootfs.bin, then use unlzo.py (which needs python-lzo, downloadable here, and needs a patch for python2 here ) on rootfs.lzo.

Tags
harmattan, meego