Alephito, I owe you my sister

However, I got some additional questions.
everything fine, except for the 100n thing. It did not find any file, so I do not know What I'm missing.

Skype didn't appear among the accounts as well. Maybe it was the 100n thing?

For the record for many people who missed the procedure: the "ZZ" required to save the change of the operator number (001 instead of whatever number it was) must be UPPERCASE.

Typing "zz" in Lowecase will not save the changes, therefore rendering you unable of updating cache and files

Alephito, do you know, perhaps why didn't my N9 fiund any 110n-app file? Is that the cause Skype has not showed within the accounts app?

Thank you
Alejandro

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Last week, I bought my N9 in Argentina. My provider is Claro and, believe it or not, the phone came with no traces of Skype, Google Talk and WiFi Hotspot. Maybe there are many other features missing but so far these are the ones I wanted and I had to enable by myself.

In case someone else suffers the illogical restrictions of cellphone operators, this is a brief guide to regain these basic services for a 'smartphone'.

Install Skype, Google Talk and other voice services:

1) Enable Developer Mode

2).......
3) Restart your phone.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Alejandro,

The first letter is an l (L) not an 1 (one).

Code:
apt-get -y install account* l10n-app*
Your sister can find me here. ;-)

In my case, Skype took a couple of reboots to appear as an application. First, I had a red box instead of the right icon.

Oops! That's the problem, then.
Thank you, Alephito!
If you have a good Ophtalmologist (or Optomatrist, for that matter), I'm open to suggestions

I'm working on my sister

TY again
Alejandro

Alejandro,

The first letter is an l (L) not an 1 (one).

Code:
apt-get -y install account* l10n-app*
Your sister can find me here. ;-)

In my case, Skype took a couple of reboots to appear as an application. First, I had a red box instead of the right icon.

You are welcome.

Well, Sorry to bother you, but even when everything else is working fine (great!), Skype is still hiding somewhere in there.
I reset the N9 (if reset is to press the power button for more than 8 sec) several times, but Skype refuses to appear.

Also, Nothing happens when I press Power for such a long time, other than just turn off the phone. Is that what it is supposed to do? I press it and only thing that happens is that the unit turns off after about four sec

Thank you for your opinion

alejandro

You are welcome.

Actually, I just executed these commands just once. So I am not an expert.

But I remember receiving some errors and avoiding them executing first:

Code:
apt-get -y install account*
You can check the output. In my case, there were mentions to Skype.
And then executing:

Code:
apt-get -y install l10n-app*
Why do not you check the output? I am sure it will give any hint.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HEROEdelREVES View Post
I already did but it still does the same. :S
It just happened to me after reflashing my phone. I can confirm you that for some reason, you can execute vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aegis* without devel privileges. The file is owned by 'user' instead.

so tony, if i have Personal, i need to keep the "324" to install nfc? i was try with 001 and after just tipe " apt-get -y install nfc* " and when it finish i was restar my phone but never wake up and says software problem, now i have another thnks to warranty....

entonces si tengo personal tengo q conservar el 324 para instalar el nfc? porque ya intente antes modificando a 001, luego puse apt-get -y install nfc* y se instalo todo , pero cuando reinicie el celular al encender se traba en el logo de nokia y nunca mas prendio, ahora tengo un celular nuevo gracias a la garantia, intento de nuevo conservando 324?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I dont think you will find it on Personal´s repository but i would suggest you to not change it before updating to PR1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to LaLlamaQueLlama For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
aguto93, me pasó lo mismo, no arrancó mas el teléfono. Tuve que ir al servicio tecnico y me lo cambiaron por otro. También tengo Personal.