Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by vmajor View Post
I also submitted a bug report to FB.

V.
Do you mean the Suggestions Box?

Or are bug reports located elsewhere?
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
so for now, whats the best way round this? do i need to install hide user agent? od do it in about:config? or what...

i understand ovi wont work if i do.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'd recommend install hide user agent (second solution #40 http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=40) over changing about:config because the latter doesn't seem to work for everybody.

so here is the problem...facebook used to open like we open it on the computer but then lately it started to open like any other mobile opening facebook not the full site but the mobile view and it won't return to its normal state which is the normal view (Full site)

i uninstalled the facebook widget and application and reinstall it again but no use!

So any ideas to return it back to its normal state?

Thank you

Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
so for now, whats the best way round this? do i need to install hide user agent? od do it in about:config? or what...

i understand ovi wont work if i do.
I think the easiest way right now is to use HideUserAgent, with this in your "custom" string:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv7l; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20091127 Firefox/3.5 RX-51 N900

Leave the setting on "Customized," and when you need to use the Nokia site, just go back over to settings and click remove. (Make sure to dismiss the banner that comes up; that's when it actually refreshes.)

To get back to the modified string, just press set.

It'd be nice to have a widget, but I don't think this method is that much of a pain to do anyways.

EDIT: You can put whatever you want in between Mozilla/3.5, and RX-51, like "Tablet Browser," but just don't put the word "Maemo," or other mobile keyword in it, or it'll stick you to the Mobile page.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-23 at 14:27.

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
i got the link : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?m2w
that doesn't work, sure, you can login to the full site but the thing is that you will notice that facebook tries to change to the mobile version after a while.

user agent change is the only thing that works

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
u have to login and press the do not forget password on fb, and stay online

Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
i got the link : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?m2w
Sorry. The mountain has already been claimed. We're working on the Ice now.