Active Topics

Poll: If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose
Poll Options
If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Hi all i have heard that Capacitive screen is better as compare to the Resistive.But a few days ago my cousin got a sony xperia x10 and gave me to have tucth.i found after a week using both N900 and xperia, N900 has much better screen!!!! and with xperia i can't use a stick or nails even not my toothpick (lol) work on that screen. I feel very uncomfortable with xperia. This is may be just because I have been addicted of N900(Resistive screen).

So my vote goes to Resistive screen. and yours?

EDIT:can you guys please leave a comment on your opinion.

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-04-16 at 12:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Same and of the reasons you gave.. the only downside to the n900 is that it is lacking multitouch. There are resisitive that support that though so that is what i will be looking for.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Resistive. I like the fact that i can rest my fingers on the screen without it registering them immediately.
Also: Multi touch is nice feature, but not really a must have. Can do just fine with gestures and buttons. And, a resistive screen can measure the pressure, a capacitive screen cannot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Voting without saying why is pretty useless. Why have 4 ppl voted capacitive as of now? Do they like big *** buttons and ugly UI:s? As that is what a capcitive screen need to be useful.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
I rather have a device with a run-of-the-mill capacitative display (with multitouch) and grab a high-quality stylus*.
This stylus is actually just like a normal (resistive) stylus in shape and form (thin tip) which gives you excellent accuracy so its like having a resistive display.

Here's a picture:

Or even something like this is not too bad:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Function...#ht_6840wt_905

Because for me personally I tend to (light tap and swiping) use my fingers most of the time, and prefer to use a stylus like only 20% of the time.
With resistive displays, 20% of the experience is enhanced slightly but the majority (80%) of the experience is crippled.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I prefer resistive.. Been using resistive devices for quite sometime now and hence my preference. Can't wait for multitouch on resistive screens..

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Voting without saying why is pretty useless. Why have 4 ppl voted capacitive as of now? Do they like big *** buttons and ugly UI:s? As that is what a capcitive screen need to be useful.
totally agreed and already edited the first post to give a reason.but none of them reply....................

Resistive, for the reasons already stated here. I think capacitive is just too sensitive. I like having to press a little bit in order for the device to register my touch.

resistive screen give a vast place to work like we can work on debian with many buttons.

i don't understand when we can use finger on resistive screen then why capacitive? only for multituch? huh!

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Resistive, but it was quite a hard decision. it also depends on the resistive screen, I'd like one as sensitive as N900. It's one (if not the best) resistive screen phone i ever touched. Capacitive screen is good because of it's multitouch, and I'm not really a stylus guy but capacitive is somewhat too sensitive for me. Maybe because I am used to the N900.

Didn't Nokia patented a resistive multitouch screen?

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

PS: I'm sure this poll will end up with resistive being the winner, because people tend to "protect" their phone screen. So, N900 owners tend to protect the resistive screen.
If this was done on a iPhone or Android forum, I'm sure resistive screen would have less votes.

Last edited by RiD; 2011-04-16 at 13:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:

Tags
capacitive, compare, resistive, screen